Beta test Google Go
If you have an Android device and want to test experimental features of Google Go before they’re released, you can join the beta tester program.
Sign up for beta testing
Important: The beta version of Google Go might be unstable and have a few minor problems, known as bugs. We ask that you don’t publicize or share the features you’re testing until they’re publicly launched.
To be part of the beta testing program:
- Visit the testing program opt-in page and sign in to your Google Account.
- Click Become a tester.
- In the "Get the testing version" section, follow the on-screen instructions to start using the beta version.
Stop beta testing
- Visit the testing program opt-out page and sign in to your Google Account.
- Under "Leave the testing program," click Leave the program.
- Update to the newest version of Google Go when it's available. A new version is released about once per month.
By beta testing, you’ll become an important part of the app’s development. Your participation and feedback will help us release a better version of the app.
Tip: If you use an early access or beta app, you won’t be able to leave public reviews on the Play Store for that app.
To leave feedback:
- Open the Google Play Store .
- Find the app you want to provide feedback for.
- Tap the app to open the detail page for the app.
- Under the "Private feedback to developer" section, tap Write feedback.
- Leave your feedback for the developer.
- Tap Post. Only the developer will see the feedback, not other users.
Frequently asked questions
Can I have both a beta version of the app and a regular version?
You can have only one version of Google Go installed on your Android device.
Will I lose any data if I switch to the beta version?
Switching to the beta version is the same as a typical update, so you won’t lose any data or settings.