If you have an Android device and want to test experimental features of Google Go before they’re released, you can join the beta tester program.
Sign up for beta testing
Important: The beta version of Google Go might be unstable and have a few minor problems, known as bugs. We ask that you don’t publicize or share the features you’re testing until they’re publicly launched.
To be part of the beta testing program:
- Visit the testing program opt-in page and sign in to your Google Account.
- Click Become a tester.
- In the "Get the testing version" section, follow the on-screen instructions to start using the beta version.
Stop beta testing
- Visit the testing program opt-out page and sign in to your Google Account.
- Under "Leave the testing program," click Leave the program.
- Update to the newest version of Google Go when it's available. A new version is released about once per month.
By beta testing, you’ll become an important part of the app’s development. Your participation and feedback will help us release a better version of the app.
Tip: If you use an early access or beta app, you won’t be able to leave public reviews on the Play Store for that app.
To leave feedback:
- Open the Google Play Store .
- Find the app you want to provide feedback for.
- Tap the app to open the detail page for the app.
- Under the "Private feedback to developer" section, tap Write feedback.
- Leave your feedback for the developer.
- Tap Post. Only the developer will see the feedback, not other users.
Frequently asked questions
Can I have both a beta version of the app and a regular version?
You can have only one version of Google Go installed on your Android device.
Will I lose any data if I switch to the beta version?
Switching to the beta version is the same as a typical update, so you won’t lose any data or settings.