To search even faster, add the Google app widget to your home screen for quick access to Google Search, Lens, voice search, and Incognito. Add the Google app to your dock to access it from any of your home screens.
Add the Google app widget to your home screen
Important: This feature is only available for iPhone on iOS 14 and up and iPadOS 14 and up. For iPads, the Google app widget is only available in landscape mode.
If you recently installed the Google app, you may need to open the app before the widget appears in the widget gallery.
To add the Google app widget:
- On your iPhone or iPad, touch and hold the home screen.
- In the top left, tap Add .
- Search for the Google app and tap it.
- To select the widget size, swipe right or left.
- Tap Add Widget.
- Place the widget on your home screen and, in the top right, tap Done.
Customize your Search widget
- Open the Google app .
- Tap Your profile picture or initial Settings Widgets Widget theme.
- Choose a theme.
Add the Google app to the Today view
- On the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, swipe right until you find a list of widgets.
- Scroll and tap Edit.
- Under “More widgets,” next to the Google app, tap Add .
- For iOS 14 and up and iPadOS 14 and up, at the bottom, tap Customize.
- At the top right, tap Done.
Add the Google app to your dock
To easily open the Google app later, you can add it to your dock:
- On your home screen, touch and hold the Google app .
- Tap Edit Home Screen.
- If your dock is full: To make space for the Google app, drag a docked app to your home screen.
- Drag the Google app to your dock.
- Press the Home button or tap Done.