Add relationships to your contacts
You can note your relationship to someone in your contact list. After a relationship is added, you can call, text, or email the person using their nickname.
Add a nickname
- Open the Google app .
- Tap Microphone or say "Ok Google," then say a nickname for one of your contacts. For example, "Diane is my mom."
- If you have multiple contacts with the same first name, pick the right person.
- Under "Remember a relationship," tap Done .
After the nickname is added, you can contact them by saying things like "Text my sister" or "Email my mom."Nicknames you can use
Remove a nickname
- Tell Google that the contact shouldn’t go with that nickname. For example, "Ok Google, Jeff is not my boyfriend."
- When the contact appears, under "Remove nickname," tap Done .
This feature is only available for Android devices with the Google app language set to English.