You can quickly search the web and easily access other Google products using the Google Search app for Windows 8.
Don't have the Google Search app yet? Download the Google Search app for your Windows 8 device.
- Voice Search: To start a voice search, tap Microphone .
- Use other Google products: To get to other Google products like Maps, Calendar, and Gmail, tap Apps .
- Past searches: To see your recent search terms, tap History .
- Find a type of information: Use the bar above the search results to filter results into categories like Images, Videos, or News.
- Narrow down your results: To choose tools to filter results by time, source, color, and translated foreign pages, tap More Search Tools.
How to change your settings
- Open up the Google Search app on your Windows 8 device.
- Swipe from the right side of the screen to open up the charms menu.
- Tap Settings > Settings.
- Turn the setting you want to change on or off.
Use your voice to search
When voice search is turned on, you can speak your search aloud after tapping Microphone . When voice search is turned off, the microphone will not appear on your search page.
See results as you type
As you start to type your search term, you’ll see popular search results appear below the search box. If you don't see the results you want, keep typing and the results will update as you type. Learn more about results as you type.
Filter explicit results
To filter or show explicit results, visit the Search Settings page and change the SafeSearch setting.
Delete your past searches
Tap Clear history on this device Yes.
Stop saving searches to your device
Turn "Record history on this device" on or off.
Manage past searches saved to your Google Account
If you’re signed in, you’ll see a Manage Your Web History button.
Tap this button to view and delete searches that have been saved to your My Activity page.