Google Search app for Windows 8
You can quickly search the web and easily access other Google products using the Google Search app for Windows 8.
Don't have the Google Search app yet? Download the Google Search app for your Windows 8 device.
- Voice Search: Touch the microphone icon to start a voice search .
- Use other Google products:To get to other Google products like Maps, Calendar, and Gmail, touch the apps icon .
- Past searches: To see your recent search terms, touch the history icon .
- Find a type of information: Use the bar above the search results to filter results into categories like Images, Videos, or News.
- Narrow down your results: Touch More > Search Tools to choose tools to filter results by time, source, color, and translated foreign pages.
How to change your settings
- Open up the Google Search app on your Windows 8 device.
- Swipe from the right side of the screen to open up the charms menu.
- Touch the Settings icon > Settings.
- Turn the setting you want to change on or off.
Search settingsUse your voice to search
When voice search is turned on, you can speak your search aloud after touching the microphone icon. When voice search is turned off, the microphone will not appear on your search page.
As you start to type your search term, you’ll see popular search results appear below the search box. If you don't see the results you want, just keep typing and the results will update as you type. Learn more about results as you type.
Past searchesDelete your past searches
Touch Clear history on this device > Yes.
Turn "Record history on this device" on or off.
If you’re signed in, you’ll see a Manage Your Web History button.
Touch this button to view and delete searches that have been saved to your Web & App Activity page.
Courtney is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.