Google Search app for Windows 8
You can quickly search the web for the information you need and easily access other Google products using the Google Search app for Windows 8.
- Voice Search. Touch the microphone icon to start a voice search.
- Use other Google products. Touch the apps icon on the app homepage to get to other Google products like as Maps, Calendar, and Gmail.
- Search History. Touch the history icon or swipe to the left to see your recent search terms.
- Find a type of information. Use the bar above the search results to filter results to categories such as Images, Videos, or News.
- Narrow down your results. Touch More > Search Tools to choose tools that work for your search like: Time, Source, Color, and Translated foreign pages.
How to change your settings
- Swipe from the right side of the screen to open up the charms menu.
- Touch the Settings icon > Settings.
- Choose the setting you want to change:
- To turn the setting off, swipe the bar to the left.
- To turn the setting on, swipe the bar to the right.
About the search settingsInstant: Results as you type
As you start to type your search terms, you’ll see results for a popular search that begins with those letters. If you don't see the results you want, just keep typing and the results will update as you type. Learn more about results as you type.
When voice search is turned on, you can speak your search aloud after touching the microphone icon. When voice search is turned off, the microphone will not appear on your search page.
Search history settingsTurn Search History on or off
Search History allows you to revisit search terms that you used in the past. By having your history turned on, you’ll also see more relevant suggested results based on past searches. To turn search history on or off, slide the bar under "Record history on this device."
Touch Clear history on this device > Yes.Manage your Web History
If you’re signed in, you’ll see a Manage Your Web History button in Settings. Touch this button to access and change your Web History.