Use the Google Search app (Windows 8)
With the Google Search app for Windows 8, you can quickly search the web for the information you need and easily access other Google products.
- Voice Search. You can quickly search the web for whatever you need by speaking your search terms. Touch the microphone icon and then speak your search.
- Use other Google products. Touch the Applications icon on the Google homepage to easily access all of the other Google applications such as Maps, Calendar, and more.
- Search History. Touch the History icon or swipe to the left to see your recent search terms.
- Find a type of information. Use the bar above the search results to filter results to categories such as Images, Videos, or News. Touch More to see other categories like Maps, Shopping, Flights, and Recipes.
- Narrow down your results. Search Tools let you filter your search results to help you find specific information quickly. Touch More > Search Tools to choose tools that work for your search like: Time, Source, Color, and Translated foreign pages.