Create or delete a reminder
You can create reminders for tasks and get a notification at the time or place you want. You'll see any reminders you create in the Google app on your Android device.
Create a reminder
Before you create a reminder, make sure you have Google Now turned on. There are a few ways you can create a reminder in the Google app:
- Tap Speak . Then, say "remind me to" and what you want to be reminded about.
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu Reminders.
remind me toin the search box.
When you create a reminder, you can choose where or when it shows up.
Delete a reminder
- On your Android device, open the Google app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Reminders.
- Tap an upcoming reminder.
- Tap Delete OK.
See your reminders
When it’s time for your reminder to appear, you'll see a Google Now card in the Google app and a notification on your device. If you don't need the reminder anymore, swipe the reminder away. To see all of your upcoming reminders, say or type "show me my reminders."
I don't see my reminders in the Google app
- Make sure Google Now cards are turned on, and that you've turned on notifications.
- Check your notification settings to make sure Google Now notifications aren't blocked. If your notifications are set to "Priority" or "None," you won't see your reminders.
If none of the other steps work, report a problem. In your report, tell us as much as you can about the reminder you tried to set. For example, tell us what time or location you used for your reminder.
You can create reminders on Android devices and computers. Reminders aren’t available for the Google app on iPhones and iPads. To create reminders on an iPhone or iPad, you can use the Google Calendar app.
Katie is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.