Use Now cards
You can use Now cards to get the right information at just the right time without even searching for it. For example, you can get commute traffic before work, find popular places nearby, see your favorite team's current score, and more.
See your Now cards
You can see your Now cards a few different ways:
- Open the Google app .
- If you have a Nexus or Google Play edition device, swipe your finger up from the bottom of any screen on that device.
- If you have the Google Now Launcher, swipe to the left when you're on your phone's Home screen.
Note: If you don't see any cards, you may have turned Google Now off. Learn how to turn on Google Now.
Change which Now cards show up
You can customize your card settings to let Google Now know what kinds of cards you want to see. Learn how to customize your Now cards.
How Google Now decides which cards show up
To know which cards to display, Google Now uses information from your device and from other Google products.
Google Now also uses data that's stored in your Google Account. This data is based on settings you can change or turn on or off. These settings may include:
- Web & App Activity
- Device Information (For Google Now to use this information, you need to have Web & App Activity turned on.)
- Location History (For Google Now to use this information, you need to have Web & App Activity turned on.)
- Location settings: Some Now cards are shown based on your home location. If your home location isn't available, Google Now may use your work location or your device's current location. Learn how to set your home and work locations.
Katie is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.