Customize what you find in Discover
With Discover, you can get updates for your interests, like your favorite sports team or news site, without searching for them. You can choose the types of updates you want to see in Discover in the Google app or when you’re browsing the web on your phone.
Important: Some of these features might not be available in all languages and countries.
You can see Discover in a couple different ways:
- On your iPhone or iPad in the Google app .
- On your iPhone in your browser on google.com.
Customize DiscoverNote: This feature may not be available in all languages and countries.
Step 1: Turn on Web & App Activity
To customize Discover, turn on "Web & App Activity,” which saves your searches, browsing history, and other activity in your Google Account.
- On your iPhone or iPad, visit the Activity controls page.
- Turn on Web & App Activity.
Step 2: Choose what updates you get
- On your iPhone or iPad, open your Google app or go to google.com in your browser.
- At the top right of the card, tap More Not interested in [Topic] or Not interested in stories from [Source].
Note: This feature may not be available in all languages and countries.
Step 3: Change how often you find topics in Discover
- On your iPhone or iPad, open your Google app .
- You can also go to google.com on your iPhone in your browser.
- At the bottom right of the card you like, tap Control .
- Tap More to find more cards for this topic.
- If you don’t want to unfollow a topic, but you want to see less of it in Discover, tap Less .
How Google decides what to show you in Discover
To know what to show in Discover, Google uses information from your device and from other Google products.
Google also uses data that's stored in your Google Account. This data is based on settings you can change or turn on or off. These settings may include:
Web & App Activity. Learn how to see & control your Web & App Activity.
Location History (For Google to use this information, you need to have Web & App Activity turned on.) Learn how to change your Google app location settings.
Location settings: Some updates in Discover are shown based on your home location. If your home location isn't available, Google may use your work location or your device's current location. Learn how to set your home and work locations.
Turn off Discover
If you don’t want to see updates for your interests or get personalized stories, learn how to turn off Discover.