Save your search settings
You can save your search settings to your Google Account so that your settings are the same no matter what phone, tablet, or computer you’re using.
Save your settings to your account
Phone settings are saved separately from desktop and tablet settings. After you follow the steps below on your desktop or tablet, you’ll also need to follow them on your phone. If you use the Google Search app, there are some other settings you can change on the app’s settings page.
- Visit the Search settings page.
- Click Sign in in the top right corner if you aren’t already signed in.
- Choose your search settings.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Now, no matter what device you’re on, your settings will be the same as long as you’re signed in.Go to the Search Settings page
Save your settings without being signed in
When you're not signed in, updating your search settings page saves your settings to the browser and computer you’re using at the time.
These settings may change if:
- You switch to another computer or browser with different settings.
- Someone else visits the Search settings page and changes any settings.
When you're not signed in, your settings are saved in a small browser file on your computer called a cookie if you have cookies turned on.