See instant results as you type
As you start to type your search, Google Instant automatically shows results for a popular search that begins with those letters. If you don't see the results you want, just keep typing and the results will update. This gets you the information you need quickly without having to finish typing your search.
Change instant result settings
Follow the instructions below to change your Google Instant settings. If you want your Google Instant setting to be the same on every browser or computer you use, make sure to sign in to your Google Account before updating your settings.
- Visit the Search settings page on your computer or tablet.
- Under "Google Instant predictions," choose when Google should show you results as you type.
- Click Save to update your Google Instant setting for this computer or tablet.
Troubleshoot issues with Google Instant
Having an issue with Google Instant? Learn why instant results aren’t appearing.
See instant results
Here's what happens when you search:
- Open Google Search.
- Start to type. Results will start appearing.
- Type more, see more. As you type, Google automatically updates the results.
- When you find the search you want, click it to to see results.
Where predicted searches come from
As you type, Google predicts and displays queries to choose from. The search queries that you see are a reflection of the search activity of users and the content of web pages indexed by Google. Learn more about autocomplete.