Search results from your Google products
When you search, you can find relevant information from your other Google products, like Gmail, Google Calendar, or Google+. For example, you can see your upcoming flight information, restaurant reservations, or your next dentist appointment right on the search results page.
Turn private results on or offTurn off for all searches (desktop and mobile)
- Go to the Search Settings page.
- If you aren't already signed in, click the blue Sign in button.
- In the "Private results" section, select Do not use private results.
- Click Save.
This setting is account-specific, so private results will stay turned off as long as you're signed in to your Google Account. You may, however, still see results based on your Web History.
The option to change your settings will not appear if you aren't signed into your Google Account and searching on https.
- Click the globe icon in the top right of your search results page to see results only from the public web.
- Click the private icon to switch back to seeing all results.
This setting is session-specific, so if you close your browser, private results may appear next time you search.
Try it out
If you’re signed in to your Google Account and searching on https, you’ll see content from the Google products you use, like Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google+.
- Events: Search for [
my events] or [
show me my next meeting] to see events from Google Calendar.
- Packages: Find out when your package will arrive by searching for [
- Reservations: See upcoming reservations by searching [
my restaurant reservations] or [
show me my upcoming hotel reservation].
- Photos: Find photos from your Google+ account by searching [
my photos] or [
my photos from new york in 2012].
- Flights: Check the time of your next flight by searching [
what time is my next flight].
- Google+: Search results may include content that’s visible to you in Google+, like posts from your friends and links that received +1s from people in your Google+ circles.
Privacy and security of your results
Results from your Google products or your Google+ friends and connections is private. No one else will see your content in their results unless you've explicitly shared it with them or shared it publicly. For example, results from Google Calendar and Gmail are only shown to you.
Visibility of your results from Google+
To learn about the visibility of the content in your results, you can look at the link that appears beside certain results, or for photo results just hover over the photo with your cursor. Results may be shared only with you, with a limited group,or publicly. Learn how to see who is post is shared with on Google+