/webmasters/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
-
3/9/19
Front page disappears in all SERPs, but all other keywords are not affected 1 Recommended Answer 10 Replies 50 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Last edited 3/9/19
Hi, I’d appreciate very much if you could help!

I’ve a small blog about table tennis (in Chinese) set up in 2012. The competition is low. The primary keyword ‘table tennis’ (in Chinese) brought out the front page on the upper half of the first page in SERPs for at least four years.

However, since Nov, 2018, the front page disappeared on even the first ten pages. Meanwhile, all other keywords are not affected. Just the front page can no longer be brought out by any keyword again.
I’ve even hired a sophisticated SEO expert to cure it. He can’t find the reason and he doesn’t think it is a penalty from Google. There is no message, nothing special in the Search Console.

Thank you very much in advance!

Site
tabletenniscoach.com.hk

Changes
May, 2018         The English version was added. (The blog is in Chinese.)
Oct, 2018         The URLs were changed from http to https. ‘301 redirect’ was used.
All Replies (10)
3/9/19
+ Your website represents business such as table tennis training. However, the website is completely devoid of information about the organization of your business. Check About identifiers of your business on our forum. Accordingly, the website does not have information about the organization responsible for the content of the website and each web page. Check the following information of the requirements Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness - EAT of Google:

● Who (what individual, company, business, foundation, etc.) is responsible for the website.
● Who (what individual, company, business, foundation, etc.) created the content on the page.
● The authoritativeness of the creator of the Main Content, the Main Content itself, and the website.
● The trustworthiness of the creator of the Main Content, the Main Content itself, and the website.

+ The webpage /?page_id=57 has information about your trainer, but it is not possible to identify this person as an authorized trainer. 
Here it may be necessary to create the following: 
Here it may be useful to establish links to his diplomas, licenses, awards, published works, profiles in educational organizations, associations, societies and the like, a links to third-party websites that confirm the competence, authoritativeness and trustworthiness of his as the expert of the subject. Here you can also install digital copies of documents confirming the specified information.
Last edited 3/9/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
-
3/10/19
Hi Nikolaj Antonov,

Thank you very much for your advice! I just checked again the download speed and it seemed not that slow. Anyway, I’ll try to improve those aspects.

I know my site doesn’t have so much SEO and there are a lot to improve. Below are my questions:

- It seems those problems would cause the front page ranking to fall from the page one, to such as page four or five, but now it is out of the first ten pages and no keywords can bring it out?

- Why those pages other than the front page aren’t affected?

- Those other websites ranked before me, on the first one or two pages, have less SEO than mine, such as school site. It makes me think the SEO level may not be the main problem?

What do you think? 

Thanks!
Last edited 3/29/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
4/3/19
From my experience, table tennis or "ping pong" is a very popular sport in/around China. They take it very seriously here in New York City too (especially Flushing.) Perhaps you can explain why you believe this is an unusual keyword. From my perspective, those two words are very broad and probably very difficult to rank high, especially long term.

You mention a school site and I wonder whether the reason Google is now ranking a school site above yours could be in relation to the term "instructor." As to "no keywords can bring it out" I'm wondering whether you've made any changes to try to coax performance out of the site, which I don't think is a good idea if done.

Most importantly, I don't know what searches you are performing in order to obtain results other than, what I'm guessing, is "table tennis" which can apply to just about anything (buy equipment, take lessons, professional leagues, etc.) so we really don't have context.
Last edited 5/24/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/11/19
Hi Cheung

I thought I'd add just a few points that are more about site quality than anything else

Speed - could be a better

Contact details - form doesnt seem to load and no physical address can be seen as a trust issue

http/https - might be worth looking into

Thought I'd add these as I was looking at your site.

RT2

Last edited 5/24/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/webmasters/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic