/webmasters/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
"FID issue: longer than 300ms (mobile)" and drop in Average Position
On Nov 11, more than 100,000 pages of my website started to be shown in the "FID issue: longer than 300ms (mobile)" section of Google Search Console.

Starting on the same day, the 'Average Position' of all those pages dropped from 4.9 to 6.5 in the "Performance" section of Google Search Console.

In your opinion, is the Average Position drop a consequence of the speed issues? Any similar experiences?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (19)
On "leave" until summer 2022.
Relevant Answer
Possible, but IMHO not likely. "Average position" is quite a misleading metric and it's easy to misread it or be alarmed by drops: http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/analyzing-position-in-google-search-console  

I doubt speed would cause that much of a drop given how many big/popular sites are egregiously slow. (Try buying something online from Ikea if you've got a couple of weeks to spare. It's faster to collect your stuff on a mule.)

If you're chasing the cause of the traffic drop, IMHO it's more likely to lie elsewhere. There could any number of causes. To give just one example: if you've read any of the chit-chat around the recent update nicknamed BERT, it's easy to see that could cause an effect on your "average position" according to what kind of queries drive traffic to your site: https://www.seroundtable.com/google-bert-update-felt-small-but-was-big-28444.html  

If you're able to share your URL, people might be able to give you some better suggestions? You can disguise it with a URL shortener such as tinyurl.com or bit.ly if you don't want the full URL to appear here and be visible through Google searches.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi there, 

Our newly revamped plane charter site has done the same - displays errors in the console and has had drop in average position in the past two weeks. I have checked all the DNS settings, tried to optimise CSS etc and still, we have the issue.

It is saying 32 pages are effected by "FID issue: longer than 300ms (mobile)" and the same 32 have an 'FCP issue: longer than 3s (mobile)'. 

The URL is www.flyjetblak.com

What would you suggest to remedy this issue?

I am no pro at these sorts of things, but would really appreciate any help with this for the community?

Merry Christmas!

Sam
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We are in the same boat as Sam w/ https://lakersnation.com and https://dodgerblue.com

Any help would be appreciated.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
flyjetblak.com/

1. You lost dozens of backlinks because of revamping the site. You can use 301 redirect to re-capture the PR juice.

2. Your Image lazy loading is not working on those on CDN. Enabling them will greatly improve speed performance

3. others ... see suggestions by Google

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Ian Chin, your site is extremely slow. It caused Google Pagespeed Insight tool times out on my side. You can switch theme to Wordpress Twenty Eleven to see the change. If the powerkit plugin goes with the theme, you need to consider changing the theme. There are too many javascript and css files. And then consider these essentials for Wordpress site.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello Ian Chin,

It will be if you create a new post for your problem and someone will answer for you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i am facing same issue please help me. Here is my url https://www.metaeducationindia.com/

StatusTypeValidationTrendURLsSlow
FID issue: longer than 300ms (mobile)
Not Started
Slow
FCP issue: longer than 3s (mobile)
Started

Please help me
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
how to fix  FID issue: longer than 300 ms (mobile) on my site
https://www.mynepalistatus.com/ please check and give me solution
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same problem with my website https://pureapkapp.com FID issue: longer than 300ms (mobile). Any solution or hosting problem.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi there, 

Our newly revamped plane charter site has done the same - displays errors in the console and has had drop in average position in the past two weeks. I have checked all the DNS settings, tried to optimise CSS etc and still, we have the issue.

It is saying 32 pages are effected by "FID issue: longer than 300ms (mobile)" and the same 32 have an 'FCP issue: longer than 3s (mobile)'. 

What would you suggest to remedy this issue?

I am no pro at these sorts of things, but would really appreciate any help with this for the community?
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/webmasters/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic