De pagina die u heeft aangevraagd, is momenteel niet beschikbaar in uw taal. U kunt elke webpagina onmiddellijk vertalen in een door u gekozen taal via de ingebouwde vertaalfunctie van Google Chrome.
/webmasters/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Frustrated musician. Will code for food.
Tips to verify your domain property on Google Search Console Announcement
Hello, everyone! 

We compiled a few tips on how to verify you property in Search Console using the DNS method. Those tips were inspired by common issues posted throughout the Google Search Central forums.

Domain properties show data for all URLs under the domain name, including different protocols, subdomains, and paths. They give you a complete view of your website in Search Console. DNS record provides an alternative way to verify for folks who struggle with the existing HTML file or meta tag methods. With a domain property you can verify just once and have a property with information for all your URL-prefix pages (http, https, with and without www).

Before you read this you should check our help article on how to verify a domain property. Every hosting provider or domain register has a slightly different location where they keep the DNS records where you can update them. Your host or domain registrar is the best point of contact for information on steps you need to follow in order to set your DNS records.

Of course, there are other verification methods besides DNS, so you should ask yourself if doing this is necessary or beneficial. You’ll have to access your DNS records on your server, host provider or domain register and make some modifications there, so if you are not sure of what you are doing, you should look for professional help. 

TIP #1: When you try to verify a domain-level property on Google Search Console you’ll see a small sample list with instructions for specific host providers in the section “Instructions for:”

But If you verify using the webmaster tools you’ll see more options:

TIP #2: You can also see a list of hosts' specific verification processes on this Google Workspace Admin Help Article. Although these are the steps for verification for Google Workspace (Previously G-Suite), the steps are exactly the same as you would do to verify your domain in Search Console. Simply select your provider from there and follow the steps.

TIP #3: You can verify your property through a CNAME or TXT register, Search Console supports both formats. So if one fails, try the other!

What is the difference between them?
  • Use a CNAME record if you are verifying a domain or subdomain-level property that is itself defined using a CNAME record (e.g. example.com or en.example.com).
  • Use a TXT record for all other cases.

Click here for more information.

TIP #4: It might take up to 24 hours for your DNS settings to propagate properly, so please wait if the verification doesn’t work right away. One thing you can try is to flush Google’s DNS (that is, clear its cache). Go to https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/cache, insert your domain name, change the RR type to ALL and click on “Flush Cache”

TIP #5: you can use Google’s Admin Toolbox to check whether the TXT or CNAME records are showing up: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/ (change the record type to TXT or CNAME and check the results).

TIP #6: We still suggest verifying using both domain-property (DNS) and URL-prefix methods for a couple of reasons:
  • If you lose one verification you’ll still have the others
  • If you receive a prefix-specific notification, you might not see it in your domain-level account
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (1)
Relevant Answer
One quick update here, since some of you might not be aware.

We have a channel for support if you are having trouble with your Domain Property verification. If you live in the US, you should see a “Report user management issues” or a “Report Domain Verification Issues” button under these articles in the Search Console Help Center.

We are currently piloting this in the US only. Support will be available in English only for now. We will reassess the usefulness of a support expansion in this direction in a few weeks.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (26)
Relevant Answer
Help other users! Post in the replies how to change the DNS records in your host/provider.
marked this as an answer
Be Gentle & Help Everyone
Relevant Answer
Thanks for sharing this valuable information. We will use this information for helping users.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Even after trying a lot, the search console tag was not verified for my site. https://onlineforms.in and https://vacancyform.org Why ?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@GadgetWorld

Can you please share the error message or any prompt you're getting while verifying. Share the screenshot so that we can provide you the right solution.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
شكرا جزيلا لكم
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for sharing this valuable information.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
thnaks 4 sharing
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@gadgetworld can you create a proper question in the community?

Usual problems to correct are:
1. Slow website loading times.
2. NO Index implemented.
3. A simple typo.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Learned something new today about Google Search Console. Thank you for sharing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It says you can choose from two options - Domain OR URL prefix.

I tried Domain first and added the correct info into the DNS config for my domain using the TXT method.
It's been several hours and it still says Failed.

Okay I was able to successfully verify with uploading the HTML file to my website.

I can log in to my property with my google account now, but it still says
NOT VERIFIED
my domain
domain property

I thought it was OR  ?

Furthermore, when I try the CNAME method I don't have any fields that ask for
CNAME Label / Host
CNAME Destination / Target

My registrar is Dotster.  Not selectable even in Webmaster Tools.

Why isn't it fully verified with the successful HTML option????
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/webmasters/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic