Owners can remove a property from their own list, or from the list of any non-owner.
Users can remove a property from their own list.
Removing a property has the following effects:
- You will no longer receive notifications for the removed property.
- If other verified property owners remain, the only effect is to remove the property from your list; other users will not be affected.
- You will not be able to see any information about the property or access the property settings.
- Your message history for the property will be retained.
- If you are the last verified owner of a property, all users of the property will lose access to the property in Search Console.
Remove a property from your own list
To remove a property from your property list:
- Open the property settings page of that property and click Remove property.
- If you are a verified owner, you might asl remove the access token you used to verify ownership. If you don't, you can regain access to the property by simply adding the same property in Search Console and clicking Verify. So, for example, if you used HTML tag verification, you must remove your tag from the site homepage; if you used domain verification, you must remove your TXT verification entry from the domain host. Be sure to remove only your own token; removing someone else's token will remove their access. If you are the last verified owner of a property, all users of the property will lose access to the property in Search Console.
Remove a property from someone else's account
Removing a property from someone else's account has the following rules and effects:
- An owner can remove access for any user. However, removing access for another owner will only work if that owner's access token (HTML file, meta tag, or whatever was used to prove ownership) is also removed. If the access token still exists and is valid, ownership status will be re-granted to the removed owner the next time Google sees the access token.
- Removing a property from someone else's account deletes their access to the property.
- In order to regain access, the removed user must be re-granted access by an owner, or else verify themselves as described in Verification.
- The removed user's verification history for the property will be deleted after 18 months.
To remove a property from someone else's account: