Sitemap Details page
Sitemaps help Google discover pages on your site our crawlers might otherwise miss. The Sitemap Details page displays detailed information about each of the Sitemaps (including Sitemap index files) you've submitted to Google. Indexing stats are updated periodically, usually every few days, and the indexed number is a close approximation of the URLs in Google's index.
Information that may be available for each Sitemap includes:
- Sitemap format: The format of the Sitemap (for example, standard Sitemap, RSS feed, Atom feed, URL list, or Sitemap index)
- The number of web page URLs submitted and indexed
- The total number of all content items (including web pages, images, video, and News content) submitted and indexed.
- The date the Sitemap was submitted to Google, and the date Google processed it.
In addition, the Sitemap details page will list any warnings or errors relating to each Sitemap.
View Sitemap details:
- Sign into Webmaster Tools with your Google Account.
- On the Webmaster Tools home page, click the site you want.
- On the left-hand menu, click Crawl, and then click Sitemaps.
- In the list, click the Sitemap you want.
Once you've reviewed any available errors and warnings and made any changes to your Sitemap(s), resubmit your Sitemap(s) to Google.