Search Appearance uses an example site to illustrate the elements of Google Search results. You can use the pop-up window to visualize how your site may appear in search and learn more about the content or structure changes needed to influence each possible element.
It includes the essential search result elements like title, snippet and URL, as well as optional elements such as sitelinks, breadcrumbs, search within a site, and event and product rich snippets.
How to use Search Appearance
- To access the pop-up window, click on the icon next to the Search Appearance menu in the side navigation.
- Click on any element to reveal a two-part summary:
- How to influence will provide the content or structure changes needed to influence this element.
- In Search Console (if applicable) will link to the relevant feature where you can identify any changes you may want to make.
- Inspect your site to see if there are any improvements you could make. Keep in mind these are examples of possible elements — not all of them may apply to your own site.