Verification: Domain name provider
You can verify your site via your domain name provider. To use this method, you must be able to sign in to your domain name provider (for example, GoDaddy.com or networksolutions.com) and either add a new TXT or CNAME record.
There are two ways to verify your site via your domain registrar.
- Using the domain registrar verification tool. Some domain registrars enable you to verify your site directly from Search Console. This is the easiest way to verify your site, and it’s currently available for GoDaddy, eNom, and a few others.
- Adding a DNS TXT or CNAME record. If your registrar doesn’t enable the verification tool, you can verify by adding a DNS record. The verification tool provides instructions for this, and where possible, these instructions will be specific to your registrar. By default, we’ll show you instructions for adding a DNS TXT record. If this method isn’t available, we’ll show you instructions for adding a CNAME record.
Verify your site via your domain registrar:
- On the Search Console Home page, click the Manage Site button next to the site you want, and then click Verify this site.
- Click the Alternate methods tab.
- Select Domain name provider.
- Select your domain registrar and follow the instructions on your screen. If your domain registrar isn't listed, select Other, and follow the instructions to manually create a DNS record.
- Click Verify. Removing the record from your server can cause your site to become unverified, and you will need to go through the verification process again.