Verification: Google Sites
Websites created with Google Sites are automatically verified in your Search Console account. If you want to verify ownership of a custom domain URL, follow these steps.
Verify a site created in Google Sites:
- Make sure you've added your site to your Google Search Console account.
- On the Search Console Home page, click the Manage Site button next to the site you want, and then click Verify this site.
- In the Verification method drop-down list, select Meta tag (if it is not already selected).
- Copy the meta tag that appears on the page.
- In Google Sites, open the site you want to verify.
- In the top right corner, click More actions, and then click Manage site.
- In the left-hand column, under Site settings, click General.
- In the Google Search Console verification box, paste the meta tag you copied from Search Console, and click Save changes.
- Go back to Search Console verification page, and click Verify.
Once you've verified your site, Google Sites will automatically generate a Sitemap for it, ready for you to submit to Google.
If you created your site using Google Apps, your Sitemap URL is:
http://sites.google.com/a/(your domain)/(site name)/system/feeds/sitemap
If your site is located at http://sites.google.com/yoursite, your Sitemap URL is: