Ads built with AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) load faster than regular ads, making them ideal for mobile devices. Learn more about AMPHTML ads at the official AMP Project website.
AMPHTML ads in Google Web Designer
Build AMPHTML ads in Google Web Designer by selecting AMPHTML banner as the ad type when you create a new document. You can't convert an AMP file into a non-AMP file, or the other way around.
In the File > Open recent list, AMPHTML ads are marked with the lightning bolt badge .
AMPHTML ads have some restrictions in order to ensure reliable performance. You can still create rich, interactive ads, but when you work on AMPHTML ads in Web Designer, you'll notice that some parts of the interface are disabled so that you don't use features that aren't supported.
The following Web Designer functionality isn't available for AMPHTML ads:
- copying and pasting between AMP and non-AMP documents
- inline styles in the CSS panel
- animating properties other than
transformallows you to move, rotate, scale and skew elements)
- motion paths
- components other than the amp-carousel and amp-youtube components
- responsive features (including the Responsive panel and media rules)
- setting a primary page
- dynamic data bindings
- publishing to Studio or Display & Video 360