Ads built with AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) are faster, lighter, and more secure than regular ads. Learn more about AMPHTML ads at the official AMP Project website.
AMPHTML ads in Google Web Designer
Build AMPHTML ads in Google Web Designer by selecting AMPHTML banner as the ad type when you create a new document. You can't convert an AMP file into a non-AMP file, or the other way around.
In the File > Open recent list, AMPHTML ads are marked with the AMP icon .
AMPHTML ads have some restrictions in order to ensure reliable performance. You can still create rich, interactive ads, but when you work on AMPHTML ads in Web Designer, some parts of the interface are disabled because those features aren't supported by AMP.
The following Web Designer functionality isn't available for AMPHTML ads:
- copying and pasting between AMP and non-AMP documents
- animating properties other than
transformallows you to move, rotate, scale, and skew elements)
- components other than the amp-carousel component
- responsive features (including percentage-based sizes, the Responsive panel, and media rules)
- setting a primary page
- dynamic data bindings
- publishing to Studio or Display & Video 360
Your ad platform may have additional requirements for AMPHTML ads: