A new version of Google Web Designer is available! 1 issue has been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
Fixes and improvements since version 1.8.1.0510
Swipeable Gallery and Carousel Gallery components do not work properly on iOS 9.
- Upon the first launch after updating from version 1.7.3, there is a delay opening files while the templates are being loaded.
- Language switch selection does not persist if Google Web Designer is quit immediately after selecting a language. Workaround: select a language, wait for a minute or two, then quit and launch Google Web Designer again.
- Library: folder in the library is not working if the file path contains high ASCII or double-byte characters.
- Mac only: Google Web Designer launches in English when the locale is set to Simplified or Traditional Chinese. Workaround: switch to the correct language in Google Web Designer in the Start screen or in Help > Set language menu.
- A maximum of 4 panels can be grouped/tabbed together.
- Video component on iOS doesn't play a video multiple times if the source .mp4 file is the unique source. Workaround: include in the sources at least 2 video files. (It can be the same one repeated.) It's crucial that the .mp4 is not the last video listed in the sources if other formats are used. Valid options are therefore:
- 1.mp4, 1.ogv, 1.webm
- 1.mp4, 1.mp4
- 1.webm, 1.mp4, 1.ogv
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings.
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE: Play button doesn't work in Google Web Designer Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use
- Linux only: file drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library.
- Downloading iCalendar .ics files is not supported on Safari desktop browser.
- It is not possible to have more than one Map component or Street View component, or a Map and a Street View component in the same creative.
- Linux only: if the browser (Chrome or Firefox) is launched by Google Web Designer for preview, Google Web Designer cannot be closed unless the browser is closed first.
- Linux only: Google Web Designer sometimes loses focus and is unable to take keyboard input when switching between apps. Workaround: resize the Google Web Designer window to bring focus back to the app.