Version 1.9.0.0619 | Shell Build 184.108.40.206
A new version of Google Web Designer is available! 2 new feature areas have been implemented, and 24 issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
New features since version 1.8.2.0524
With motion paths, it's now possible to animate objects moving along curves and complex shapes.
Google Web Designer detects the screen resolution and automatically calculates the appropriate zoom percentage to support high-resolution monitors such as 4K.
Changes to 3D tools
Double-clicking the 3D object rotate tool or the 3D object translate tool no longer resets an object's rotation or position.
Bid Manager dynamic remarketing minimal logoless templates have been removed.
Fixes and improvements since version 1.8.2.0524
- YouTube video doesn't autoplay on touchscreen desktop
- Mobile devices exit to wrong item in the Dynamic Remarketing Job Listings template
- No mobile exits in the Dynamic Remarketing Single Page for Travel and Dynamic Remarketing Single Page with Minimal Details templates
- Unable to open a template in Google Web Designer from the Rich Media Gallery
- [Text] Undoing text color does not work in keyframe
- [Text] Cannot undo applying default style after the text color change
- [Quick mode] Getting Uncaught NotSupportedError when trying to reset the center point of 3D rotated element in the thumbnail
- Animation CSS is unnecessarily duplicated when duplicating elements with group instances inside
Workspace (Panels and UI)
- [Menus] Command key does not render correctly on some users' machines
- [Panelsl] Fly-out menu icon gets hidden when docking 4 panels with long names.
- [Panels] More than 4 panels can be grouped together when docked to the left, which causes overflowing
- [Panels] Fly-out menu items are not localized
- [Timeline panel] It’s easy to drag the timeline while attempting to resize it
- [Panels and workspace] Stage shifts when expanding or collapsing the timeline
- [4K monitor] Allow the web app to be zoomed for use on high resolution monitors
- Language won't switch if quitting immediately after switching language from the menu
- [Mac] Crash after login to Studio when in fullscreen mode
- [Mac] The application window’s rendering is wrong with the right side being clipped on relaunch after it’s moved offscreen
- [Mac] Google Web Designer launches in English when the locale is set to Simplified or Traditional Chinese
- [Preferences] Long label does not wrap nicely in some languages
- [Pages] Scroll bars appear in the Pages control when renaming a page
- [Ad validator][HTML] Publish locally shows wrong file size error message
- [Media Rules] Properties overridden in an animation are marked as overridden in the Properties panel
- [Mac] Index.html of unzipped publish file shows wrong date
- Library: folder in the library is not working if the file path contains high ASCII or double-byte characters.
- A maximum of 4 panels can be grouped/tabbed together.
- Video component on iOS doesn't play a video multiple times if the source .mp4 file is the unique source. Workaround: include in the sources at least 2 video files. (It can be the same one repeated.) It's crucial that the .mp4 is not the last video listed in the sources if other formats are used. Valid options are therefore:
- 1.mp4, 1.ogv, 1.webm
- 1.mp4, 1.mp4
- 1.webm, 1.mp4, 1.ogv
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings.
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE: Play button doesn't work in Google Web Designer Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use
- Linux only: file drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library.
- Downloading iCalendar .ics files is not supported on Safari desktop browser.
- It is not possible to have more than one Map component or Street View component, or a Map and a Street View component in the same creative.
- Linux only: if the browser (Chrome or Firefox) is launched by Google Web Designer for preview, Google Web Designer cannot be closed unless the browser is closed first.
- Linux only: Google Web Designer sometimes loses focus and is unable to take keyboard input when switching between apps. Workaround: resize the Google Web Designer window to bring focus back to the app.
- Linux only: if the renderer crashes and a white screen appears, set the disable-gpu-rendering to true in Google Web Designer settings. On Linux add a row to ~/.local/share/google-web-designer/preferences/settings.conf with the name disable-gpu-rendering and a value of true. (If the [Settings] section doesn't exist, you'll need to create it first.)