Version 22.214.171.1244 | Shell Build 126.96.36.199
A new version of Google Web Designer is available! 6 new feature areas have been implemented, and 78 issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
New features since version 188.8.131.520
Copy/Paste across documents
Copy and paste across documents is now possible! Any element that can be copied in the same document can now be copied to other documents (including assets, groups, etc).
Many improvements have been made to the timeline, including a few that were very popular feature requests.
- Multiple keyframe & thumbnail selection - Multiple keyframes can now be selected and deleted in Advanced mode, or multiple thumbnails if using Quick mode.
- Zoom for Advanced mode - zoom in and out of the timeline allowing for more precise placement of keyframes
- Drag to hide/lock layers - It is now possible to drag/select to hide or lock layers in the timeline.
- New easing functions - We have added two new easing functions for animation: step-start and step-end.
Ability to set preferences for the Google Web Designer tool, beginning with Code View options.
The New File dialog and File > Open recent menu now include a list of the most recently opened Web Designer documents.
Code Editor Enhancements
The code for the element that is selected in design view will be selected when navigating to code view.
DoubleClick Studio users can now easily include the Greensock JS Library for creatives made in Google Web Designer.
Zoom tool enhancements
- Zoom in using marquee selection now respects the marquee rectangle size
- Less pixelation when zooming in
Changes to SVG
Double clicking on an SVG image no longer goes in editing mode.
Fixes & Improvements since version 184.108.40.2060
- [Code view] Problems with double quotes in inline style attributes
- [Codeview] [Feature Request] When selecting an element and go to Codeview, go to that item in the code
- [Codeview] [Panel behaviors] Right side panels are active when in code view.
Components and Ads Runtime
- [YTMasthead Template] Uncaught TypeError in console when"Close button" is pressed
- [YouTube] [Responsive] YouTube component is not responsive/fluid
- [Component] [Swipeable Gallery] Image stay for a brief moment when the expanded page collapsed after interacting with the component
- "Metrics ID" are not required to be unique
- [Services] Cannot 'Save as' if source file path is incorrect in the components
- Push transition doesn't work between pages (Chrome)
- [Youtube] "Play after pause/replay" action won't apply to autoplay, "preview/intro"
- [Galleries] Swipeable automatically adds exitId for Gallery Frame Exited even when there is no exit url set in the creative
- [Color] Using the Properties panel to modify elements with different color causes the color to disappear
- [Color panel] Transition when collapsing/expanding the Color panel will show the bottom part of the panel briefly if only the swatches are selected in the panel before.
- [Color Panel] UI issue: Incorrect icon for Fill and Stroke color chips after selecting No color
- Hint field does not restart the matched terms list from the beginning on every input update and hitting Esc clears the hint
- [CSS Panel] Timeline frames update with wrong CSS property value when property defined in multiple rules
- Profile fails to load in Data Schema panel
- Unable to set default map location dynamically with the GWD map component
- [Events dialog] When suggestion comes up, hitting Enter/Return key can't select the property name for Inline style, instead, it closes the dialog.
- [Events dialog UI] Need a better way to validate user input
- [Groups]: Create group dialog creates additional dialogs when pressing with Keyboard shortcut multiple times
- [Groups] [Resize] Group container resize info will not get saved properly if saving the file inside the Edit in Isolation Mode.
- [Library] Image preview shows repeated image if the image file dimension is smaller than 80x80.
- [Groups] Library preview doesn't show images for groups.
- [Groups] Library review doesn't show the image after the duplicated group is edited
- [Library] Cannot preview an image in the the library preview window when the filename has the % and # characters
- [Library] The same level of folder and file are not aligned.
- Search is case sensitive
- [Media Rules] Dirty mark is not added when editing the breakpoint values in responsive panel
- Editing groups in GWD with media rules has issues because the media rule contains a keyframes rule
- [Media Rules][Multiple Files]: CSS panel gets disabled for non responsive file when there is a responsive file is open in document tab
- [Panel behaviors] Tab dragging shows OS's Plus sign cursor when it shouldn't.
- [Panel behaviors] Should not allow resizing a panel when there is no available vertical space
- [Properties Panel] [3D] Using the PI to modify the Rotation and Translation of multiple elements have 3D matrix cause elements to get the maximum of negative 3D value
- [Properties Panel] The translation, rotation and scale controls are not hidden in the Page Properties panel when nothing is selected on stage.
- [Properties Panel] [Feature Request] "Fill" option should come before "Border" option under Style
- Dynamic Remarketing Single Page with No Details has a custom CSS Class Issue that causes an erratic animation
- [App promo] Error when previewing the app promo templates due to bad reference to gwdattached_min.js
- Some templates are missing node
- [Entertainment_TheaterLookup] The "Enter Zip" text truncated inside the input field
- [VPAID] template preview is set to fixed size and not set to matchviewport
- [Copy and Paste] [Text in animation] When copying and pasting a text in animation, the last keyframe gets copied, not the base style.
- [Text] Element is deselected when use escape key to close color popup.
- [Text] Hyperlink button in the Options bar appears at far left if it is only in the overflow.
- [Quick Mode] Page background color doesn't show in the thumbnail view
- [Quick Mode] Thumbnail view shows the incorrect positioning of a child element when 3d is applied to a parent
- Layer is required to be selected to be draggable
- Select highlight of an id name field becomes deselected unexpectedly, which fails copying the text
- [Quick Mode] [Feature Request] Please add functionality to select multiple thumbnails all at once
- [Quick Mode] Lock state for the easing option does not get updated properly
- The bottom horizontal scrollbar is hard to select and use in Timeline.
- [Quick mode] If pen path shape is added to the stage in the second thumbnail, it will render in smaller size when preview.
- [Quick mode] When undo the deletion of an empty thumbnail, keyframe time is added back in but the deleted thumbnail is not.
- [Feature Request] Selecting multiple keyframes with 2 clicks (shift click)
- [Feature Request] Please add support for step-start and step-end timing functions to create animations where things 'appear' or 'disappear' at given points in the animation.
- [Feature Request] Adding timeline Zoom control to get the better view of grids and keyframes
- Editing in the initial thumbnail/keyframe will update other thumbnails/keyframes
- Setting no fill background color in the 2nd thumbnail/keyframe did not update correctly on stage.
- [Advanced mode] The outlines will not return on stage when unlocking the layer if the div is selected when it is locked.
- [Advanced mode] Timeline still allows to change the animation looping when the layer does not have animations.
- [Feature Request] Confusing UI for length of animation
- [Quick Mode] Easing is reset to Linear after undoing a deletion of thumbnail with mixed easing.
- [Feature Request] Support click and drag to easily select consecutive hide/lock settings on layers.
- [Timeline] Color animation loses its bg color when inserting a keyframe at 0 after delay is created
- [Timeline Usability] When you drag a keyframe, the playhead follows but slightly off the center of the keyframe, which results in adding a new keyframe
- [Zoom Tool] Nested element's position is ignored when zooming.
- Stage shifts when after zooming in/out
- [Start page] Help items are not accessible from the Start page.
- [Template Gallery] Flyout, Dropdown is not closed when clicking the button again.
- [Publish] File is marked as dirty right after publish even the file is saved before.
- The button label "Close" is not implicit enough to warn "without saving".
- [New File Dialog] Expandable fullscreen lightbox ads should have their expanded page size set to 100% x 100%
- Translating in Z in 3D space moves too fast on Windows, causing elements to go to extreme Z values.
- [Feature Request] [Snapping] Settings for snap are not saved when GWD is relaunched
- [File IO] Stage shifts when an ad file is created/opened after text file is created/opened
- [Windows only] GWD doesn't support character with accents. Browser preview failed and error thrown in console
- [Launch] After GWD webapp is updated, show a message in the notification bar right after launch to notify users of the update
- Google Web Designer login problem when an account or advertiser name contains multiple spaces
- Mac Sierra only: GWD launches in English when the locale is set to Simplified or Traditional Chinese. Workaround: switch to the correct language in GWD in the Start screen or in Help > Set language menu.
- Only up to 4 panels can be grouped/tabbed together
- Video Component on iOS doesn't play a video multiple time if the source file .mp4 is the unique source. Workaround: include in the sources at least 2 video files. (it can be the same one repeated). Is CRUCIAL that the .mp4 is not the last video listed in the sources if other formats are used. Valid options are therefore:
- .mp4, .ogv, .webm
- .mp4, .mp4
- .webm, .mp4, .ogv
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings.
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE : Play button is not working in Google Web Designer Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use file:///
- Linux only: File drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library
- Downloading iCalendar ics file is not supported on Safari desktop browser.
- It is not possible to have more than one map component or street view component, or a map and a street view component in the same creative.
- Linux only: if the browser (Chrome or Firefox) is launched by Google Web Designer for preview, Google Web Designer cannot be closed unless the browser is closed first.
- Linux only: Google Web Designer sometimes loses focus and is unable to take keyboard input when switching between apps. Workaround: resize the Google Web Designer window to bring focus back to the app.