A new version of Google Web Designer is available! One new feature area has been implemented, and three issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
New feature since version 1.6.0.0429
Dynamic Remarketing Schema for DoubleClick Bid Manager
- This is a beta for preselected advertisers only. Contact your DoubleClick account representative if you are interested in trying it out. In the dynamic dialog, select "Standard schema" to access the dynamic remarketing schema for DoubleClick Bid Manager.
- New templates with dynamic remarketing schema for DoubleClick Bid Manager are also available (DBM DYRM Minimal).
Changes to Studio dynamic workflow
- To access a Studio dynamic profile, select "Custom schema" in the dynamic dialog.
Fixes since version 1.6.2.0916
- [Studio] It's impossible to use different CTA/TapArea for the same dynamic Exit URL
- Dynamic and Exit Override from Profile fields do not fire the appropriate exit
- Dynamic ads do not render correctly and show overlapping content when the ads render before dynamic data is ready
- Missing script tags after creating a file from Dynamic Remarketing Single Page with No Details 320x50 or 728x90 template
Fixed since version 1.6.1.0620
- Creative redirecting to the ad url instead of the product final url
- Language switch selection does not persist if Google Web Designer is quit immediately after selecting a language. Workaround: select a language, wait for a minute or two, then quit and launch Google Web Designer again.
- Only up to 4 panels can be grouped/tabbed together
- Video Component on iOS doesn't play a video multiple time if the source file .mp4 is the unique source. Workaround: include in the sources at least 2 video files. (it can be the same one repeated). Is CRUCIAL that the .mp4 is not the last video listed in the sources if other formats are used. Valid options are therefore:
- 1.mp4, 1.ogv, 1.webm
- 1.mp4, 1.mp4
- 1.webm, 1.mp4, 1.ogv
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings.
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE : Play button is not working in Google Web Designer Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use file:///
- Linux only: File drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library
- Downloading iCalendar ics file is not supported on Safari desktop browser.
- It is not possible to have more than one map component or street view component, or a map and a street view component in the same creative.
- Linux only: if the browser (Chrome or Firefox) is launched by Google Web Designer for preview, Google Web Designer cannot be closed unless the browser is closed first.
- Linux only: Google Web Designer sometimes loses focus and is unable to take keyboard input when switching between apps. Workaround: resize the Google Web Designer window to bring focus back to the app.
- Missing script tags after creating a file from Dynamic Remarketing Single Page with No Details 320x50 or 728x90 template. Workaround: insert the following script tags in the html file: