A new version of Google Web Designer is available! 107 issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
Important: Google Web Designer requires an internet connection.
Fixes & Improvements since version 1.6.0.0429
- [Feature Request] Enable line wrap
- [Feature Request] Add the key stroke for switching from Code view to Design view (Shift-Ctrl-C, Shift-Cmd-C)
Components and Ads Runtime
- [YouTube] On mobile devices, pausing a video before it is played renders it inoperable.
- [Performance] Spritesheet component with preview on the stage shows a significant time delay in performance
- [Component icons] The icons on the stage are solid white so they block the image preview.
- [Swipeable gallery] [Feature Request] Pause media feature on swipeable gallery
- [Swipeable gallery] Autoplay not working when a video is part of a group used in a swipe gallery in Firefox and Safari
- [Carousel] Fit Image] causes neighbor separation issues. After the fix: If the gallery has only images, the effective frame width is always clamped to the actual image width.
- [Video] Background images for the video files are not consistent between ad and html docs
- [SpriteSheet] [Galleries][Swipeable/Carousel gallery] Image on stage is not scaled as per settings in the Properties panel
- [Component background] Image is not rendering on stage when there is a white space in the image name
- [Component background]: Component Image background is not refreshed once the image is added in Library
goBack()methods do not wrap when wrapping is enabled.
- Missing colorchips in color panel when drawing an element which has preflight gradient color
- Color mixer picker (circle) appears outside of mixer
- [Swatches] Trash can icon is enabled before any custom swatch gets added
- [Properties panel] The input field does not accept HTML color names and rgb(a) strings
- Mousewheel/Trackpad should change the input values in CSS panel
- Minor ui issue: When scrolling down the panel, the bottom border line becomes thicker
- [Feature Request] Add ability to select and copy the entire rule. In order to paste the entire rule into another rule in CSS panel, first “Add property” is required to be clicked, then paste can be done. Pasting into code view or a text editor works normally.
- A style selector name should be able to pasted (applied) to another element
- Undo/Redo issue when shorthand and subproperties (e.g., 'border' and 'border-color') are both defined in a declaration
- YouTube component if dynamic ignores autoplay="none"
- Getting Uncaught TypeError in dev console on opening a saved Doubleclick dynamic file if a text file is opened first.
- [Bindings] Element Attribute box is not highlighted in red border when trying to save the changes without making a selection in the dropdown.
- [Dynamic properties] Cannot see the full length of the Data window on bindings that are close to the bottom of the dialog.
- [Events dialog] Enter/Return key does not close the dialog
- Rotate to Landscape/Portrait event is not dispatched on Chrome.
- [Groups] [Events] When opening an event for a group from child level, the event panel shows incomplete event paths.
- Events dialog doesn't show other pages' Timeline labels as potential receivers for Timeline goto actions. Now it is possible access to labels in timeline on a different page using Events dialog, but need to make sure it is still required to set Go to Page event for each timeline event to work. Timeline event,
gotoAndPlayNtimesis not supported in this case.
- [Feature Request] Event target should be pre-populated if a single element with an id is selected on stage.
- Library preview does not show in non-English build and swapped image has wrong dimension
- [Mac] Unable to drag multiple selected assets from the Library to stage
- Change a tooltip "Add asset" to "Import assets" to match the main menu
- [Publish] Page summary does not show 100%x100% for Expandable page
- Fluid Alignment Bug — Identity Transform Issue
- Sub fly-out menu for "Presets" has a different background color
- Run-time error occurs when creating text on the stage while a media rule is active.
- [Viewport tool][Options bar] "Presets:" displayed instead of dimension if selected item is in a different category of the menu.
- Page Id is not rendering in Properties panel when creating a new file
- Scale lock icon displaces row layout
- Input fields usability issues in Properties Panel
- Unable to use the up/down arrows on px % unit menu
- Negative numbers should not be allowed in properties for spritesheet
- Selecting multiple same type elements, Properties panel shows "Page" for element type
- The px % dropdown is not visible when the control is at the bottom of the panel
- Unexpected behavior when applying 3D position or rotation to multiple selected elements
- [Feature Request] Add tooltip for fields in component properties including advanced properties
- Page does not have component properties by itself like other components
- [Feature Request] Move of object on the stage should be constrained to vertical/horizontal with Shift Key down. When dragging elements on the stage, they are constrained to move vertically or horizontally with Shift key down. Ctrl/Cmd key while moving elements will snap in 3d.
- [Feature Request] Enable shift marquee selection. Shift marquee will add the elements to the current selection and un-select the currently selected elements.
- UI Alignment Tab ignores decimal positioning values when updating values
- Templates that have custom components cause runtime errors when creating a new document from these templates if the custom components are already installed.
- [Template Gallery] Scrollbar of the details overlay is hard to see.
- Incorrect error message when trying to use existed name when creating a new file from template
- [New From Template] Dimension dropdown is not updated after re-selecting it in the gallery.
- [Save as template] Dialog shouldn't be closed when try to save with existing name.
- [Save as template] is not a modal dialog.
- [Templates][App promo] Custom component does not get installed from App Promo Engagement Date Swap template when user’s documents/google web designer/components folder does not exist.
- [Font Face]: Font face src URL is missing in preview and published file
- Font dialog re-opens and then doesn't close.
- Key modifiers (shift or alt) are not applying to text creation.
- Width, Height and Transform values are being added to the text box if single click to create the text box and click on it again.
- Font size picker in text toolbar loses focus when changing the value.
- Text element class would not display in CSS panel after changing to a different tag.
- Clicking on modified subtext doesn't show the cursor.
- [Options bar] If the toolbar options appears in the overflow menu, the Text tool options (Color and Web Link) will apply to the whole text even only part of the text is selected originally.
- Scrolling in text mode creates a text element
- Text toolbar shows undesirable state after set as default.
- Tag combobox layout issue which causes overlapping in some languages
- Animation delay is ignored or some properties are not respected, which affects the preview
- Ctrl+C (copy) and Ctrl+V (paste) don't work in ID fields in layers
-webkit-filter:blur();in the keyframes does not render in Preview and Publish
- Bottom layers are not visible when scrolled down when there are >15-20 layers.
- [Feature Request] Make master eye and lock icon clickable to hide/lock all layers
- F6 to insert a keyframe doesn't work at 0. After the fix: The first keyframe for a layer can still not be at time 0, but as long as the layer already has an animation then 0 is a valid time.
- [Quick mode] Add keyframe button "+" icon is hard to see.
- Shift+Select multiple spans does not work
- Quick mode and Pro mode will appear together when closing the Event dialog after switching between two modes for a few times.
- [Timeline] keyframes/playhead still snap to grids, even when "Keyframe snapping" is off in the gear icon menu.
- Locking and unlocking a layer disables id field
- Animations involving id selectors are broken if an id is changed via the timeline.
- Linear and radial gradients inside animation rules do not have the correct browser prefix when published
- Animation is out of sync if the timeline is scrubbed while a group is being edited.
- Remove keyframe does not remove all selected keyframes
- [Feature Request] Double-clicking on the resizer above the Timeline title bar to maximize/minimize the Timeline (like other panels)
- [Audio tag] [Customer issue] controls attribute is deleted from audio tag when the document is reloaded
- [Cut and Paste] Element borders with a gradient color are not handled properly by cut and paste.
- [Image Upload Dialog] The listed items are not aligned if the images are more than 10.
- [New File] Add additional hover expansion trigger to new expandables with Fullscreen turned on
- [New File Dialog] - AdMob - Dual Orientation not supported but can be selected in the UI
- Performance issue in switching between documents
- [CSS] The width and height styles of canvas elements are not updated when the stroke size is changed
- [CSS] Empty style attribute is written when an element is dragged on stage
- [Drawing Tools] Cursor of drawing tool and text tool are not crisp.
- [Ruler UI] XY, XZ,YZ axes indicators don't appear correctly or really hard to see
- [Ruler] On/Off ruler state does not persist after closing the file and re-opening.
- [SVG] edits are not retained when doing Save As.
- [Swap Image] When a document contains "&" in its name, Swap Image feature does not work correctly.
- Alt-key drawing for center-out drawing doesn't always draw from the center.
- Keyboard shortcuts can still be used when modal dialog (such as Dynamic dialog) is up.
- [Drop-downs and Menus] Text color and focus highlight are inconsistent throughout the app
- [Zoom control] The "+" and "-" from the zoom control is not visible against the white background when hover
- [Position Expandable Ad Tool] Error happens when trying to close the file from offset position mode.
- [Position Expandable Ad Tool] Opaque display of the page appears incorrectly when changing dimensions of the page
- Language switch selection does not persist if Google Web Designer is quit immediately after selecting a language. Workaround: select a language, wait for a minute or two, then quit and launch Google Web Designer again.
- Only up to 4 panels can be grouped/tabbed together
- Video Component on iOS doesn't play a video multiple time if the source file .mp4 is the unique source. Workaround: include in the sources at least 2 video files. (it can be the same one repeated). Is CRUCIAL that the .mp4 is not the last video listed in the sources if other formats are used. Valid options are therefore:
- 1.mp4, 1.ogv, 1.webm
- 1.mp4, 1.mp4
- 1.webm, 1.mp4, 1.ogv
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings.
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE : Play button is not working in Google Web Designer Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use file:///
- Linux only: File drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library
- Downloading iCalendar ics file is not supported on Safari desktop browser.
- It is not possible to have more than one map component or street view component, or a map and a street view component in the same creative.
- Linux only: if the browser (Chrome or Firefox) is launched by Google Web Designer for preview, Google Web Designer cannot be closed unless the browser is closed first.
- Linux only: Google Web Designer sometimes loses focus and is unable to take keyboard input when switching between apps. Workaround: resize the Google Web Designer window to bring focus back to the app.
- Missing script tags after creating a file from Dynamic Remarketing Single Page with No Details 320x50 or 728x90 template.
Workaround: insert the following script tags in the html file: