A new version of Google Web Designer is available! 3 new templates have been added, and 3 issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
New templates since version 188.8.131.529
Multi-directional expanding (MDE) templates use the DoubleClick Studio API feature which allows the Expanding creative to expand in multiple directions depending on where the ad is served on a page. These MDE templates are programed and designed to detect their placement on a webpage and determine which direction to expand. By enabling multi-directional expanding functionality, you can have the same creative expand to the right when it's served on the left side of the page and expand to the left when it's on the right side of the page
Bug fixes since version 184.108.40.2069
- Counter automatically added when using Tap Area Component
- [Timeline] Slow scrubbing performance
- Lightbox templates: not re-expanding in Creative Preview app
- Video Component on iOS doesn't play a video multiple time if the source file .mp4 is the unique source. Workaround: include in the sources at least 2 video files. (it can be the same one repeated). Is CRUCIAL that the .mp4 is not the last video listed in the sources if other formats are used. Valid options are therefore:
- 1.mp4, 1.ogv, 1.webm
- 1.mp4, 1.mp4
- 1.webm, 1.mp4, 1.ogv
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings.
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE : Play button is not working in Google Web Designer Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use file:///
- Linux only: File drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library
- Downloading iCalendar ics file is not supported on Safari desktop browser.
- It is not possible to have more than one map component or street view component, or a map and a street view component in the same creative.
- Mobile Web: orientation change is not detected in Studio preview and on the devices
- Linux only: if the browser (Chrome or Firefox) is launched by Google Web Designer for preview, Google Web Designer cannot be closed unless the browser is closed first.
- Linux only: Google Web Designer sometimes loses focus and is unable to take keyboard input when switching between apps. Workaround: resize the Google Web Designer window to bring focus back to the app.
- Linux Fedora only: Google Web Designer shell version 1.1.7 might fail to update to shell 1.2.5 due to missing Google signing key. To fix the issue, please follow these instructions to install the key and then run the update command for google-webdesigner.