Version 220.127.116.113 | Shell Build 18.104.22.168
A new version of Google Web Designer is available! Nine new features have been implemented, and 36 issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
New features since version 22.214.171.1249
The Audio component lets you place audio in your ad or HTML5 document, and control audio functions using events.
The Swipable gallery and Carousel gallery have been upgraded to allow thumbnail and icon navigation elements, and the Swipable gallery has been upgraded to allow multiple-frame swiping.
Gallery Navigation Component
The Gallery Navigation component lets you place a standalone thumbnail or icon navigation in your creative.
Groups are reusable, user-defined collections of elements that can be manipulated as a single object. Groups can be placed in documents as "instances", which are references to the group's elements. Using multiple instances of the same group gives you a smaller file size than when you copy and paste the same content outside of a group.
Import Assets Dialog
With the new Import Assets functionality, users can bring assets like images and videos into their creatives through standard import dialog.
The Library feature lets you store and manage all your creative assets and groups. You can add, delete, organize, and sort assets, and then drag those assets from the library to the workspace.
Position Expandable Tool
Lets you easily control the direction an expandable ad expands. In this mode, you can see the expanded state as a semi-transparent overlay on the banner state as you visually position them in reference to each other.
SVG Basic Editing
Basic SVG editing is supported in this release, including color editing for SVG elements and line and stroke style editing.
YouTube Autoplay Preview
YouTube autoplay has been enhanced to add Preview and Intro autoplay varieties to the the autoplay options. This lets advertisers use the full range of autoplay options in GWD autoplay ads.
Fixes and improvements since version 126.96.36.1999
- Components inside a gwd-page must reload if attribute value changes
- Metrics is not added for multiple Youtube component
- Unable to change the color of any components after inserting a keyframe
- [IE10: Windows7] RichMedia creative not expanding on second and succeeding load
- Events should allow Window-based events
- Move "Go to page" action from DoubleClick component category to Page Deck
lightbox overflow:visiblemanual setting overwritten on publish
- The style content in the media query is removed when published if "@media" css media query is added directly into the code
- [Publish to Studio][Publish to Drive] Many of the hyperlinks of the Sign in with Google Account dialogs are not working
- Publish settings to be retained with the document
- [Publish locally] Need a concrete error message for "Target folder doesn't exist" instead of "error code 204" with publish locally operation
- Clicking the Publish button is opening the Publish to Studio dialog for non-Ad file if the Publish to Studio dialog is opened previously on an Ad file
- Browser preview shows incorrect animation after undoing the deletion of layers or keyframes
- When cut/deleting animation layer and undoing it, the stage preview does not show the preview at the playhead
- Component Id name displayed in a layer gets reverted back by clicking on the stage
- Image in the thumbnail doesn't change when disabling styles in CSS panel
- If the ratio for the locked properties was undefined then the linked size property was being updated incorrectly
- Style does not get applied to the text when user enters it in the 2nd keyframe or after
- Undo removes a Div's inlined style
- Element is selectable when clicking on a locked layer and therefore can be changed when it's lock in the timeline
- Border gradient does not render correctly if the border size is changed once the border-size is 0
- Parser for gradient fails if the 0 value contains no unit
- [Windows] GWD app is not relaunching at its last closed position if it was docked to the sides using Aura snapping
- Console error when clicking on the text container
- Align support should work to 3D element that are still in the plane
- When renaming Page with &, it returns &
- The disclosure arrow icon for sub-menus is not centered vertically
- Dash '-' cannot be used in the ID for element
- Stage disappears when selecting Duplicate Page
- Undoing checking/unchecking a checkbox in PI doesn't work when using keyboard shortcuts
- Ctrl key becomes sticky and sets translate Z mode even if Ctrl key has been released if a modal dialog is displayed as part of processing the key event
data-gwd-styleare not removed by
StylesController.clearOverrideStylein some cases
- Nested object names should show up in breadcrumbs above timeline instead of generic object
- [Fill Tool] Selection highlight appears on child element instead the parent when hovering over the child element.
- Add ability to drag a video to stage
- The Front View, Top View, Side View options are not working correctly across documents
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE : Play button is not working in GWD Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use
- Editing an SVG element in a group, or making a group that contains an edited SVG element is not fully supported and it may cause issues
- Library preview image for groups can be inaccurate
- Linux only: File drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library