Version 1.1.1.0730 | Shell Build 184.108.40.206
A new version of Google Web Designer is available! Six new feature areas have been implemented, and 25 issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
The upgrade process seamlessly copies your old documents and converts the copy and all the assets into a v1.1 document. Your original document will remain in the older format and placed in the archive folder.
This file upgrade is necessary because:
- Google Web Designer no longer generates code for components. Component code now uses Web Components (CustomElements).
- Events are now supported for all elements, not just components.
- The CSS code generated by the Timeline is different from v1.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
Improvements and additions to six feature areas have been implemented since version 1.0.6.0428
New Events System
Publish to DoubleClick Studio
You can now publish your creatives directly to DoubleClick Studio. Google Web Designer adds the studio enabler code, and associates the ad with the appropriate account, advertiser, and campaign.
Publish to Google Drive
You can publish Google Web Designer files to Google Drive, letting you work collaboratively and share creatives more easily.
Pages are supported in HTML
You can now use the “page” paradigm in HTML, by choosing “HTML with Pages” when you create a new file.
The animation timeline has been reworked to include animation scrubbing, timeline events, auto keyframing, new UI for repeating animation and infinite animation, and the ability to switch back and forth between Quick and Advanced mode as needed.
Each component had been rewritten as web components, including the 360 Gallery, Carousel Gallery, Swipeable Gallery, iFrame, Map, Tap Area, Video and YouTube. Canvas shapes are also implemented as web components. You can also now use components in HTML pages. In addition, we’ve added a couple of new components:
- The Gesture component - Lets you use touch and mouse tracking, taps, clicks and other mouse and touch gestures.
- Tap to Call - Lets the user tap to initiate a phone call to a phone number that you specify.
Code view now uses CodeMirror3
Three issues have been fixed since version 1.1.0.0723
- V1 Generic Ad file with Exit Event cannot be upgraded to Generic Ad in V1.1
- Cannot add a handler for the same target-event pair for a saved file
- The Taparea is not clickable in IE10 when there is an image behind it
22 issues have been fixed since version 1.0.6.0428
- Maps: Not exiting on initial expansion in Studio Preview UI
- iFrame Component scrolling does not work.
- iFrame component does not work if configured with a local HTML file
- Video component: webm video doesn't become full screen on Firefox.
- Autostart image gallery slideshow option
- When publishing a file using base64 encoded image file in the data URI for background-image property, extra spaces and line will be added to the code.
- Pages should set overflow to hidden when published
- Options of publish settings are not kept when switching documents
- Can't preview/publish after positioning the center point of radial gradient and applying solid color (quick mode)
- Need a publish completion message
- Preview and Publish fail with runtime error if user adds :hover pseudo class
- White screen on launch when using web proxy
- Maximizing Shell doesn't work properly with 768px height screen size
- The list of fonts doesn't update properly with "Sort by" selection
- Can't collapse timeline or panels (toolbar) that are useless for Code View.
- Collapsed state of options bar and timeline and panels should be saved after application re-launch
- "Animation complete" event is not fired in Expandable ad with Firefox and IE.
- SVG: Error 400 with SVG fill="url(#mygradient)" to linearGradient
- Help menus: Links to help menu does not go to system default browser window
- i18n, Polish: Unable to type "s" which is combination buttons 'right alt + s'
- Different assets with the same filename, but in different folders are not copied correctly into the upgraded/published folder.
- Studio: Publishing to DoubleClick Studio not working for advertiser level designer.
- Intermittent: When publishing to Google Drive or DoubleClick Studio, the dialog is not opened after signing in or switching accounts. Workaround: open the Publish dialog again.
- Cannot publish a multi-page Banner file to DoubleClick Studio when one of the pages is marked as 'Expanded'. Workaround: switch to code view, change Banner to Expandable in the meta tag for template or use Expandable ad file.
- When an asset is missing, uploading to DoubleClick Studio results in error creating the Studio package.