Version 1.3.0.0410 | Shell Build 126.96.36.199
A new version of Google Web Designer is available! Seven new features have been added and 19 issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version. Note: It can take several hours for the updates to appear.
New features since version 1.2.1.0121
Add to Calendar Component
The Add to Calendar component lets you create event reminders that users can add to their calendars. Google Web Designer supports Google, Windows Live, Yahoo, and iCalendar formats.
Image Button Component
The Image Button Component lets you create a button element easily with no coding. The component renders a button with three states (up, over, down), with each state can displaying a different image.
Studio Asset Library Integration
In addition to the Local Asset Library, the DoubleClick Studio Asset Library is now exposed in Google Web Designer, showing the assets that exist in the creative designer’s account in DoubleClick Studio. They can now be easily reused while creating new creatives in Google Web Designer.
With the new dynamic feature, users can build dynamic creatives with data bindings within GWD. Users will bind the dynamic properties of the elements such as text, exit URLs, images, background color and more thru the Dynamic Panel in GWD. This feature is a limited beta release for a test group of preselected AdWords customers only.
New file choices and Templates
Google Web Designer provides pre-built ad templates from the new Template dialog. Users can browse template gallery and preview them before using. You can also create your own template files by saving files as templates.
The Groups feature has been enhanced to let you break apart group instances.
Swipeable and Carousel Gallery Enhancement
Group elements can be added to Swipeable and Carousel gallery by entering group names in the Properties Inspector. Scaling options for the images has also been added.
Fixes and improvements since version 1.2.1.0121
Components and Runtime
- gwd-gesture component is unable to detect swipes in Firefox
- [YouTube] Add public getCurrentTime method to YouTube component
- Pause media on exit by default unless it is turned off explicitly
- [YouTube] YouTube component fails tracking post reorientation
- [Expandable Ad]: iOS 8.1.1 : Need to click twice on banner page to expand
- Swipe Gallery Autoplay should stop when user interacts with the Ad.
- [Swipable/Carousel/360 Gallery] Trailing commas create the empty image URL entries in Gallery Images
- [Publish to Studio] Publish to Studio fails because DoubleClick API call doesn't return account's advertiser list when there are more than 20 advertisers that contain the same search strings.
- [Groups]: Metrics is not added for a component when editing a group with ID
- [Groups] Renaming while a group in does not update to the new name in breadcrumb display
- [Groups]:"Display:none;" results in corruption
- [Groups][Component] : Component metrics is not removed when we delete a component from a Group
- [Groups][Component] : Metrics counter for group instance is not counted if it is in a different page
- [Assets Library] Moving a folder with a conflicting name into the directory should append _ to the folder name.
- [SVG] Undo for moving a path of SVG revises to pre-undo position.
- [SVG] Unable to update SVG to PNG/JPG/GIF and preview correctly in browser
- [Edit Page][PI] PI width/height values get mixed up from the previous page and GWD becomes unresponsive.
- Images are crashing Firefox
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE : Play button is not working in GWD Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use
- Linux only: File drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library
- Downloading iCalendar ics file is not supported on Safari desktop browser