A new version of Google Web Designer is available! 13 new templates have been added, 19 templates have been updated, and 1 issue has been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
The new version of Google Web Designer includes a new set of templates to support AdWords App Promo.
Fixes and improvements since 1.4.1.0901
- YouTube component keeps playing after going to a different page
- The Video component in iOS doesn't play a video multiple times if an .mp4 source file is the unique source. Workaround: include at least 2 source video files (you can use the same one repeated). It is CRUCIAL that the .mp4 is not the last video listed in the sources if other video types are included. Valid options include:
- 1.mp4, 1.ogv, 1.webm
- 1.mp4, 1.mp4
- 1.webm, 1.mp4, 1.ogv
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE : Play button is not working in GWD Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use
- Linux only: File drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library
- Downloading iCalendar ics file is not supported on Safari desktop browser.