Version 126.96.36.1992 | Shell Build 188.8.131.52 (Mac/Win), 184.108.40.206 (Linux)
A new version of Google Web Designer is available! 11 new feature areas have been added, new templates have been added, and 44 issues have been fixed as part of this release. Read below for additional details.
Auto Update (Internet connection required)
If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
Version 220.127.116.112 bug fixes
- [CSS] [Advanced mode only] Issue with CSS when changing the selector text or deleting a rule
Version 18.104.22.1682 bug fixes
- Failure to fetch profile data after the profile is modified on Studio
- Profile linkage is broken if not signed in when attempting to modify bindings
- Feature Request: allows data binding for exits in gwd-taparea
- Failure to switch between files created from some YouTube Masthead templates when the ci-ytclosebutton is selected
Version 22.214.171.1248 bug fix
Timeline events do not trigger on browsers that require vendor-prefix such as Safari 8.
New features since version 1.4.2.0915
In the previous releases, when using the selection tool or transform tool to animate an element’s position or size, top/left or width/height property changes were used, which showed slow performance and caused choppy and jittery animation. Scale was not supported, and rotation animation was also limited. In this release, instead of saving CSS transforms using a matrix3d function, Google Web Designer now outputs the CSS transforms using
scale3d functions which are easier to understand and modify.
- When using the selection tool to animate an element’s position, translate3d is used in the keyframe rules
- When using the transform tool to animate an element’s size, scale3d is used in the keyframe rules.
- Scale settings are in the Properties panel
- It is now possible to animate a rotation more than 360 degrees.
- Animation created in the new release using Translation and Scale model is smoother and faster.
Note: Files with animation created in the previous version with top, left, width, height properties will not be converted to translation and scale. However, new animations will use translation and scale by default.
Other improvements in the Timeline/animation:
- Timeline Looping: you can now specify the number of looping for an entire animation using the Events dialog:
- Add a timeline label at the start of your animation where you want the animation to loop from.
- Add a timeline event at the end of the animation and double click on the event marker to set the event:
- Target = page id
- Event = Timeline > event id
- Action = Timeline > gotoAndPlayNTimes
- Receiver = page id
- Configuration = label name and number of loops
- Pressing “Enter” as a shortcut to play and stop animation on stage has been added
Dynamic support for Studio
With the new release, DoubleClick Studio users can build dynamic creatives with data bindings within Google Web Designer. Users can bind Studio profiles to the dynamic properties of the elements such as text, exit URLs, images, background color and more using the Dynamic Panel.
Spritesheet Animator Component
Spritesheets can minimize the number of files in a creative, and give animators a familiar way to create keyframe animation. Designers can now load spritesheets (multiple images rendered into one file) as individual images on the stage or as a keyframe animations.
Street View Component
The Street View component lets designers put Street View imagery into their ads, and lets ad users interact with the street view images by panning and rotating the view.
- Improved stage interaction when creating or selecting a text element or selecting existing text. You can use the 'Esc' key to deselect text.
- New handles to resize the text block.
- Text is movable by dragging its edge.
- Corner handles show the presence or width/height and/or left/top.
- Timeline shows the text content when an element doesn't have an id.
- Timeline shows text in thumbnail on multiple lines if needed.
- Tag dropdown allows only text elements.
- New contextual menu items allow to copy/apply text styles across documents.
- After adding a web font, the last added web font will be automatically selected and applied to the selected text element.
- 'Add web font' dialog allows filter on type style or category.
- GDN LightBox - This template lets users build cross-device Fullscreen Lightbox ads that adapt to various screen sizes and orientations, and once created can be directly uploaded using Publish to DoubleClick.
- VPAID - This template enables the Video Player Ad Interface Definition, a protocol for communication between an ads and video players, which lets rich media ads be displayed within a video player environment.
Code Editor Enhancements
- Search box: When searching (via keyboard shortcut CTRL/CMD + F) a new search box is displayed at the top of the editor. Pressing Enter will select the first result. Pressing enter again will move to the next occurrence. Pressing Shift+Enter will move to the previous occurrence.
- Two new color themes for the code editor:
- Light Theme reduces brightness contrast, but unlike many low contrast color schemes, it retains contrasting hues (based on color-wheel relations) for syntax highlighting readability.
- Dark Theme uses an inverted color scheme, with minor adjustment on the background tones to better fit the overall UI.
- Text shadow: introducing a subtle text shadow, we further smooth the perception of the text.
Swipable Gallery Improvements
- A new Autoplay Step Interval property has been added to set the time for each frame to play during gallery autoplay. By default, the total autoplay duration is divided evenly to display each frame a single time, but setting the Autoplay Step Interval to a smaller value than the default will cause the gallery to start at the beginning and display frames multiple times.
- Frame autoplayed event: during autoplay frame autoplayed will be dispatched on each frame, one after another, so that each frame is most recently "autoplayed" for an equal amount of time. This means that if frame-snap-interval is greater than one, the event will be dispatched multiple times between gallery transitions.
For example, frame-snap-interval and num-frames-to-display are set to two, and each page is visible for two seconds:
0s: dispatch "frame autoplayed" on frame 1
1s: dispatch "frame autoplayed" on frame 2
2s: transition to the next pair of frames
2s: dispatch "frame autoplayed" on frame 3...
Video Component Improvement
Added video Set Sources as an action in events flow
Change in Image Button Component Load Event
Image Button “Load” event is deprecated in this release. An “Image button loaded” (‘imagebuttonloaded’) event is added instead. This fixes problems where the load event could be sent multiple times, before the component was actually loaded, or not sent at all.
Creatives that were built using the load event will now show the event as a custom event, rather than an Image button specific event.
Fixes & Improvements since version 1.4.2.0915
- Jittery Animation
- Not able to rotate more than 360 degrees
- The rotation of Y axis is restricted at -90° and 90° in Properties panel
- Inserting a keyframe in between adds matrix() in keyframes which causes issues in IE
- [Feature Request] ‘Enter’ as the Shortcut Key for Play in the timeline
- [Feature Request] Save layer settings such as show only animated layers, lock and visibility upon file-save
- [Feature Request][Timeline] Please add configuration (N times loop) to gotoAndPlay
Components and Runtime
- [Gallery] [Groups] Groups are not previewed in the order as appeared in the Groups Attribute in the Gallery properties panel when the group has a bind-each binding.
- [Feature Request] [Swipable Gallery] Add .firstVisibleFrameIndex and .lastVisibleFrameIndex properties to gwd-swipegallery to allow access to first visible item's index
- [Galleries][Navigation] "First interaction" and "Left/right end" events not dispatched by interaction with gallery navigation
- [Feature Request] [Video] Add video Set Sources as an action in events flow
- [Video] Mute toggle button issue: when setting the audio to 0 and then mute the player, it doesn't unmute properly
- [YouTube] Align supported YouTube Player attributes to the last release of H5 YouTube embedded player
- [YouTube] Loop is not working
- [YouTube] [Feature request] Introducing autoUnmute after interaction
- [YouTube] Sound plays on YouTube Player while in intro/preview auto-play state on Masthead ad format.
- [YouTube] Sound plays on YouTube Player while in intro/preview autoplay state on Masthead ad format.
- [YouTube] Pause listener is fired twice when you collapse an expanding creative
- Map is broken when going to the other pages
- Image Button
- [Image Button] - Flickering on first rollover
- [Image button] Preview does not work in Firefox and Safari if Image Button Load event is used for setting the image sources.
- [Image Button] Images are not included when using Save As
- Add new 'Image Button loaded' event to replace its the broken 'load' event.
- [Feature Request] Make Exit url an optional field. In AdWords Enabler, this field must be empty as the url is provided in AdWords UI. Even in Studio Enabler, the url field is optional as the URL may be provided in the Studio UI.
- [Dynamic] [Preview] If previewing 2 or more dynamic files from the same project directory, the size of the ad will switch when selecting a different feed.
- Switching Data Schema clears common feed attributes from Bindings
- [Feature Request] Display page name in the event configuration dialog instead of Page ID
Network Drive workflow
- [Network drive] [Mac only]: Error 'Unable to download one or more files for gwd-doubleclick' when opening a file on the shared network drive
- [Network drive] [Mac only] Fail to create a new file from templates when saving the file to the network drive
- [Network Drive] [Mac only] Preview fails when files are on the network drive
- [Store Locator] Add the "submit" function via the Enter key
- [App Promo] Cannot move the "appBgGallery" swipable gallery component due to transform scale style set in the inline style
- Two AdWords Dynamic remarketing templates listed under DoubleClick
- [YouTube Masthead Templates] "Collapse on Exit" should be unchecked in the Youtube Masthead templates
- [Text][Quick Mode] Switching Tag type for the text element loses thumbnail view
- [Linux] Assets with uppercase file extension are not listed in the file picker dialog for import
- [Publish to Studio] Cannot sign in to Studio from GWD with accounts managed by third party company.
- [Feature Request] View > Outlines settings are not remembered
- Fonts don't work in IE and Firefox when using @font-face CSS style
- [Library] [Network drive] [Mac only] Unable to delete from the Library when files are on the network drive
- [SVG] Image size changes on stage after coming back from edit mode when it is grouped and Break apart
- [Interstitial] [Match Viewport] No option to toggle on/off match viewport
- Add "Match viewport" as an option when selecting the expanding environment.
- Unable to draw div after using UNDO twice when using the CSS panel
- CSS Top and Left have the exponential values when drawing a nested element and causes failed animation
- [Stage] Right click on stage besides any element shows an empty menu.
- Moving multiple elements with even a single 3D element will set 3D transforms on all selected elements
- Video Component on iOS doesn't play a video multiple time if the source file .mp4 is the unique source. Workaround: include in the sources at least 2 video files. (it can be the same one repeated). Is CRUCIAL that the .mp4 is not the last video listed in the sources if other formats are used. Valid options are therefore:
- 1.mp4, 1.ogv, 1.webm
- 1.mp4, 1.mp4
- 1.webm, 1.mp4, 1.ogv
- White screen on launch if behind a web proxy. Please follow these instructions to change your proxy settings.
- Mac Chrome, Opera, IE : Play button is not working in Google Web Designer Preview when Autoplay preview is on. Workaround: remove localhost from the URL to use file:///
- Linux only: File drag and drop from the file system to Google Web Designer is not working. Workaround: use File > Import assets or Add asset from the Library
- Downloading iCalendar ics file is not supported on Safari desktop browser.
- It is not possible to have more than one map component or street view component, or a map and a street view component in the same creative.
- Mobile Web: orientation change is not detected in Studio preview and on the devices
- Linux only: if the browser (Chrome or Firefox) is launched by Google Web Designer for preview, Google Web Designer cannot be closed unless the browser is closed first.
- Linux only: Google Web Designer sometimes loses focus and is unable to take keyboard input when switching between apps. Workaround: resize the Google Web Designer window to bring focus back to the app.
- Linux Fedora only: Google Web Designer shell version 1.1.7 might fail to update to shell 1.2.5 due to missing Google signing key. To fix the issue, please follow these instructions to install the key and then run the update command for google-webdesigner.
Spritesheet componentUsing the Spritesheet component
Animation updatesAnimation updates
AdWords Dynamic adsAdWords Dynamic ads
- Add a gallery component to your document, and add images
- Press the [+] button in the Events panel to define a new event handler
- Select event target: your gallery
- Select event type: gallery -> frame shown
- Select action: gallery -> rotate once
- Select receiver: your gallery
- Enter the desired rotation duration