In many cases you'll be creating a timeline for the entire page. This puts every element on the page in one timeline. There is also a separate animation timeline for every parent container. This means you can create complex animations by nesting one animation within another.
To create a nested animation:
- Create a tag that you want to function as a parent tag, such as a div tag.
- Choose the Selection tool from the tools panel.
- Double-click the desired parent tag. The parent tag will then have a red outline, and will no longer be selectable.
- Add your graphic elements and animate them using either the Advanced mode or the Quick mode. The elements and animation will be in the parent tag you've created.
- To return to the page level, double-click on the stage. Now you can animate the parent div as well.