In many cases you use a single timeline for the entire page, with every element on the page represented as layers in one timeline. There is also a separate animation timeline for every parent element. This allows you to create complex animations by nesting an animation within another animation.
To create a nested animation:
- Create an element that you want to function as a parent element, such as a div.
- Choose the Selection tool from the toolbar.
- Double-click the desired parent element. The parent element becomes outlined in red, and no longer can be selected.
- Add child elements and animate them. The elements and animation are nested inside the parent element.
- To return to the previous level, use the Outliner or the navigation breadcrumbs by the page indicator. Now you can animate the parent element as well.