Add a call to action
The final step to creating an effective ad is to add a call to action. A typical call to action is a clickable button that takes the user to a company website.
For dynamic ads: find out how to add a dynamic call to action.
To add a call-to-action button to your ad:
- Make sure that your ad has a button or other clear visual call-to-action element for the user to click or touch.
- Drag the Tap Area component from the Interaction folder of the Components panel to the stage and position it over the call to action.
- Click the new event button in the Events panel.
- In the event dialogue, select the following options:
Target The Tap Area component (
Event Tap Area > Touch/Click Action
Google Ad > Exit ad
Note: A similar action, Exit ad (overrides URL), doesn't allow you to modify the URL outside of the creative, such as within Studio or Campaign Manager, and should only be used for dynamic ads.
- Metrics ID – A label (e.g. 'CTA') to make reports easier to understand.
- URL – The exit URL.
- Collapse on exit – For expandable ads, tick to collapse the ad when the user closes the ad.
- Pause media on exit – Tick to stop video and audio playback when the user closes the ad.
- Collapsed page on exit – For expandable ads, the page to show when the user closes the ad.