Edit your code
For ads and HTML files, you can switch between Code view and Design view, with the changes that you make to the code in Code view reflected in the Design view. This lets you instantly test how changes in your code will affect your designs. You can also select objects with the selection tool and change the CSS styling for those objects in the CSS panel.
To switch to Code view:
Click the Code view button. If you have selected an element in Design view, the code for it will be selected in Code view.
Using search in Code view
To search the code:
- Use Ctrl+F (Windows) or Cmd+F (Mac) to open the search box at the top of the window.
- Enter your search term in the Search box. You may also use regular expressions (between two forward slashes) for a more complex search.
- Press Enter. The first result will be highlighted.
- Press Enter again to find subsequent results.
To search and replace:
- Use Alt+Ctrl+F (Windows) or Opt+Cmd+F (Mac) to open the search box at the top of the window.
- Enter your search term in the Search box. You may also use regular expressions (between two slashes) for a more complex search.
- Press Enter.
- Enter the replacement string.
- Press Enter again.
- Yes - to replace the selection.
- No - to leave the selection unchanged and move to the next search result.
- All - to replaces every search result.
- Stop - to exit the search and replace action.
You can add popular GreenSock animation tools directly from the File menu.
To insert a GreenSock library:
- Make sure you're in Code view.
- Select File > Include JS Library > GreenSock >
- Choose a library from the list. You can repeat the process to add multiple libraries.
Code view settings
The settings panel lets you change many option for Code view, including colors, key mapping, and autocompletion behavior.
To change Code view settings:
Select Edit > Preferences...
In the Code view settings window you can:
- Select one of the light or dark themes
- Choose from several key mappings, including mappings for Emacs, Sublime, and Vim.
- Customize your code editor settings