Note: If you have built a responsive dynamic ad for Google Ads using the Retail schema, you must upload the ad to a Smart Shopping campaign. There's no need to convert your document to a single size.
If you have a responsive document that you need to publish in a single size only, you'll need to manually transfer the overrides for that size over to the base document by following the steps below. If you need to convert the document into different single-size versions, you should save a copy of the original responsive document before going through this process.
- In the Responsive panel, uncheck all serving sizes (the checkboxes under the icon) except for the size you want to publish.
- Check whether any range media rules apply to the size you want by selecting the serving size, then scrolling down in the Responsive panel to see if a range media rule is highlighted in gray.
- If there is a matching range media rule, select it to make it active. You must manually copy any overrides for this size range to the base document. Repeat the following steps for each element with an override:
- Make sure the rule is selected in the Responsive panel, then select an element with overrides.
- In the Properties or Text panel, find any properties with the yellow override indicator.
- Copy the property value.
- Click the yellow override indicator and select Remove override from the pop-up menu.
- In the Responsive panel, select Edit base document.
- Paste the property value into the same field in the Properties or Text panel. For text content, edit the text directly.
If you're comfortable with Code view, you can cut and paste style overrides from the size-specific media rule, moving them to the end of the appropriate CSS rules for the base document. Placing them at the end gives them precedence over preexisting styles for the base document, and any duplicate properties will be removed when you switch to Design view.
Note that overrides for text content and text fitting settings aren't included in the document's CSS.
- Select the serving size you want in the Responsive panel. You must manually copy any overrides for this serving size to the base document. For each element that has an override, repeat the steps above (3a through 3f) to copy the overrides to the base document.
- Once all overrides are removed, you can uncheck the Responsive layout checkbox in the Responsive panel.