/wearos/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
-
9/5/18
How to get Move Minutes and Heart Points from Strava activities? 0 Recommended Answers 22 Replies 97 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
I have a Suunto watch that I have always synced to Strava, and Strava is synced with Google Fit.  With the new update that includes the Move Minutes and Heart Points, I was hoping that all of my runs synced from Strava would include calculations of these point.  I ran once with my phone and once without, and only the run with the phone had the points calculated. 

Is there a way to get the runs from Strava to count for move minutes and heart points without carrying the phone?
All Replies (22)
9/8/18
Hi Julia,

I've reached out to the Wear OS CM to see if we can get some good information on if/how Move Minutes and Heart Points are calculated for activities synced into Google Fit from third-party apps. She's going to have to check with the Google Fit team so it may be a little bit before we get a response. 

While we wait, which Suunto watch do you have? And can you tell me which metrics are being synced from the watch to Strava to Google Fit?

Thanks!
John
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
9/12/18
Me too! I'm in exactly this same boat. But cycling. The Journal shows the Strava event interestingly, but no move minutes
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/8/18
Same issue here, but then with a Sigma ID.RUN device, which cannot connect to Google Fit directly. Fortunately the Sigma software can export data to Strava, which in term can sync with Google Fit. My runs end up in the Google Fit journal, but all with 0 move and heart points, and also with 0 steps. Distance, time, and pace are displayed correctly though.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/19/18
I have a similar issue - I have two phones on the same Strava accu 't but only one of the phones has Google fit.  I ran a half marathon this past weekend on my other phone, so when it came in from Strava it says I was  active for 2 hours and 11 minutes but doesn't count that towards move minutes or heart points.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/21/18
Hey everyone,

I'm afraid I haven't been able to find out anything from the Fit team on this. I'd suggest using the Menu > Help & feedback > Send feedback option in Google Fit to report this directly to the developers. Be sure to let them know what service you're using to feed activity data into Google Fit.

Cheers,
John
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/21/18
If I manually add the activity, it syncs up with the Strava entry and I get the move minutes and heart points. So it's clearly not processing the time and distance data when it pulls it from Strava. I'll file feedback in the app and reference here.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/26/18
+1 on this suunto watch -> movescount->strava-> fit...doesn't include it...please help
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/26/18
I actually use a few third-party apps (Mobvoi and Nike Training Club) which do seem to earn Heart Points and Move Minutes for the data that they push into Google Fit. That makes me think that this may be a problem with how Strava is providing the data to Fit rather than with how Fit is processing the data. 

I would encourage you to contact Strava to see if they can offer any insight into this issue.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
-
10/26/18
Thank you John, I've filed feedback through Fit's app today and will forward onto Strava as well.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
3/27/19
Garmin watch syncs to Strava, Strava syncs time of workout to Fit but not the heart rate. 

Unfortunately.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/wearos/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic