Send messages using the Google Assistant on your watch
After you get the Google Assistant on your watch, you can ask your Assistant to send messages using these apps:
Send a message with your voice
- On your watch, press and hold the power button or say, "Ok Google."
- Say a command, for example:
- Send a WhatsApp message to Nathan.
- Send a Telegram message to Hannah I'm on my way.
- Send a Viber message.
If you're having trouble sending messages using one of these messaging apps, try these steps:
Make sure that your watch is paired with an Android device
Make sure that your watch and Android device are close and connected by Bluetooth. To quickly confirm that you have a good connection: From your watch's settings, use Find My Phone and make sure that your phone rings when used.
If your phone and paired Android device won’t connect, you can re-pair them.
Make sure that you set up the Google Assistant on your watch. Try asking a question about the weather. If you don’t receive an answer, learn how to set up Google Assistant.
- On your paired Android phone or tablet, make sure that you have the latest version of the messaging app you’re trying to use. Learn how to update your downloaded apps.
- On your paired Android phone or tablet, make sure that you are signed into the messaging app and can send messages from within the app on your phone.
Make sure that the other person uses the same messaging app
On your paired Android phone or tablet:
- Open the Contacts app and find the person that you want to send a message to.
- Tap the person’s name to view the person’s contact details.
- Make sure that you see the messaging app, like WhatsApp, in the person’s contact details.
If the person also has the messaging app, try tapping the star at the top of the contact screen. If the contact is already starred, try unstarring and then re-starring the contact.