This page can help if:
- Your watch doesn't vibrate when you get a notification.
- You're not seeing notifications at all.
Try to restart your phone and your watch
To restart your watch, swipe down on your watch and tap Restart. If your watch runs Wear 2, you can restart it through your watch’s Settings app.
Make sure your watch isn’t in Theater mode
If restarting doesn't work, try other troubleshooting steps below. Make sure to check your watch after each step to check if notifications start working.
If your watch is in Theater mode, notifications won’t appear and your display will be turned off.
Here’s how to turn off Theater mode:
- If your watch has a power button: Press it.
- If your watch doesn't have a power button: Tap the screen twice quickly.
Learn more about Theater mode.
Your watch uses the notification settings you have on your phone, so if your phone doesn’t vibrate or make a sound for an app, your watch won’t vibrate.
- On your Android phone, open the Settings app .
- Tap Apps and notifications Notifications.
- Tap App notifications
- If the app you want is listed as "Off," tap the app name and then turn it on.
1. On your phone, open the Wear OS app or the companion app for your device.
Tip: If you use the companion app for your device, follow the companion app instructions.
2. Tap Notifications Block app notifications.
3. You’ll find a list of any apps that are muted.
4. Next to the app you want to unmute, tap Unblock .
If a specific app’s notifications aren’t showing up, open the app on your phone and check its settings to make sure notifications are turned on.
You can also check the app’s system notification settings on your phone to make sure system notifications are turned on. Here's how:
- On your Android phone, open the Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications Notifications.
- Tap App notifications.
- Find the app you want to check, and tap the app name.
- Make sure that your notifications are turned On.
Try opening a website on your phone, such as news.google.com, to make sure you are connected.
Make sure your iPhone’s Bluetooth is turned on and that it is in range of your watch.
Tip: You won't see the Disconnected icon if your watch is in Airplane mode. If your watch isn't paired, on your watch's screen, you may see the Disconnected icon .
If none of these steps work, try to reset your watch to factory settings.
Important: When you reset your watch to factory settings, all apps, settings, and data on your watch are erased.