You can get the upcoming weather, translate greetings into other languages, check your agenda, and get other useful information. You can also make notes for later.
- These features are only available on watches that have speakers.
- These voice actions are unavailable in some languages and countries.
Prepare your watch for voice actions
- If you can't see your watch screen, wake up the watch.
- Swipe left to right until you see the Assistant screen, then tap Microphone .
- If you don't see this option: Press and hold the Power button.
- Say your question or task.
Speak to get quick answers
You can speak to your watch to get the score for a current game, or see when your team plays next. Use phrases like:
- "When is the next Mets game?"
- "How did Leeds United do?"
To get the weather for your current location or a place you're traveling to, just speak to your watch.
Use phrases like:
- "Weather in San Francisco."
- "What's the weather in New York City tomorrow?"
- "Will it rain tomorrow?"
You can also check with the Weather app. From your list of apps, tap Weather . You’ll see the weather for your current location.
For useful info as you make travel plans, use the Assistant on your watch.
- Get the time for any location: Use phrases like "What time is it in London?"
- Get translations for words and phrases: Say phrases like "How do you say 'hello' in Spanish?" or "Translate 'soup' into Spanish"
Note: You can also use the watch's Translate app .
To convert currency, volume, weight, and more, use phrases like:
- "What's 16 ounces in pounds?"
- "Convert 100 euros to US dollars."
- "How many kilometers is 50 miles?
You can ask the Assistant for answers to your questions.
- Learn the definition of a word: Use a phrase like "What does onomatopoeia mean?"
- Solve a math problem or make a calculation: Say a phrase like "What is the square root of 2209?"
- Count calories: Say a phrase like "How many calories are in an avocado?"
You can also look up facts and trivia, like:
- "Where was Albert Einstein born?"
- "How tall is Barack Obama?"
- "How tall is the Eiffel Tower?"
- "How old is Meryl Streep?"
- "How hot is the sun?"
You can track your portfolio by asking your watch for current stock prices.
To check stocks, say a phrase like "What's Google's stock price?"
To look up events, such as upcoming holidays, use phrases like:
- "When is sunset?"
- "When is Thanksgiving?"
Set reminders and take notes
You can speak to your watch to create a note or view existing notes using apps like Google Keep. You can also view and edit lists in Google Keep.
- Take a note using your voice: Say "Take a note" followed by the note you want to keep.
- Take a note using the watch keyboard: Open the Play Store and download the Keep app . Learn how to get apps on your watch.
You can add reminders to your watch or you can add them to another device like your phone or a Google Home using the Assistant. Your watch will notify you at the time or place you asked to be reminded.
- Set a reminder using your voice: When your watch is ready for voice commands, say "Remind me to..." followed by your task with a time or location. You can include the exact or approximate time or location you want the reminder to go off.
- View all your reminders: Say "Show me my reminders."
- Dismiss a reminder: Swipe right on the notification you receive.
Check your calendar
Your upcoming events will show up automatically in the Agenda app. You can also speak to your watch or use the onscreen menu to pull up your calendar.
- Check your schedule using your voice: When your watch is ready for voice commands, say "What's on my agenda tomorrow?" or "When's my next meeting?"
- Check your schedule using the app: From your list of apps, tap Agenda .
You can speak to your watch to add events to your calendar.
- Add a new event using your voice: When your watch is ready for voice commands, say "Create event" or "New event." You can include the title, time, and location. To save the event, activate the Assistant again and say "Yes."
- See your event on the app: In your list of apps, tap Agenda .