To use your smartwatch, first connect your watch to your phone with the Wear OS app.
Watches that run Wear OS 3 are not compatible with the Wear OS app. Learn how to find the OS version on your watch. For the Galaxy Watch 4 series, follow these steps to set up your watch.
Important: The steps below are for Wear OS and may vary based on your manufacturer, device and software version.
Before you start
- Charge your watch and phone.
- On your phone, turn on Bluetooth.
- Make sure that your watch and phone are compatible.
Get the Wear OS app
You can find the Wear OS app in the app store.
Set up your watch for the first time
- Turn on your watch.
- On your phone, open the Wear OS app or the companion app for your device.
- Tap Start setup.
- To choose a language and accept the Terms of Service on your watch, follow the on-screen instructions.
- On your phone, follow the on-screen instructions until you find the name of your watch.
- Tap the name of your watch Pair.
- If it's not there, try these steps.
- You'll find a code on your phone and watch.
- If the codes are the same: On your phone, tap Confirm. This may take a few minutes.
- If the codes are different: Restart your watch and try again. If the codes still don't match, try these troubleshooting steps.
- To finish, follow the on-screen instructions.
If you've set up your watch beforeSet up your watch with a new phone
- Your watch can only connect to one phone at a time. To use a different phone with your watch, you must use your current phone to disconnect first.
- When you reset your watch to factory settings, it erases all apps, settings and data on your watch.
- If the screen is dim, tap it to wake up the watch.
- From the top of the screen, swipe down and tap Settings System.
- On some watches, you need to swipe left for this option.
- Scroll and tap Disconnect and reset .
- If you don't have this option, tap Unpair with phone .
- To confirm, tap Done .
- On the phone that you want to connect, open the Wear OS app or the companion app for your device.
- Tap Set it up.
- On your phone, follow the on-screen instructions.
Important: If your watch no longer connects with your phone or you deleted the Wear OS app, disconnect the watch from your phone. Then, try to set up your watch again.
- On your phone, open Settings and tap Bluetooth.
- Next to your watch's name, tap Information Forget this device.
- If you haven't already, turn on Bluetooth.
- Open the Wear OS app or the companion app for your device.
- Tap Reconnect and follow the on-screen instructions.
Get more help
If you have trouble setting up your watch, try these troubleshooting steps.