To use Waze Ads effectively, it's important to understand the business goals you're trying to achieve and the metrics that are most relevant to those goals.
In Ad Manager, you can create a campaign using goals. The goals you choose affect the recommended settings and features that help you drive potential customers to your business. Learn more about goals and call to actions.
This article explains which metrics you should focus on for each of the goals you can set.
Where to find metrics in Ad Manager
Each of the metrics below, as well as all other metrics, are available in all 'Manage' tabs – Manage Campaigns, Manage Ads and Manage Locations. In each of the tabs, the same metrics measure the stats of the ad component you're currently on. Learn more about metrics.
Measure store visits
- Navigations: If your main advertising goal is to increase store visits, try focusing on increasing the number of navigations from your ad.
Measure brand & location awareness
If your main advertising goal is to increase brand and location awareness, you should look at 2 types of metrics:
- Impressions: The number of times your ads were shown to people.
- Customer engagement metrics: The number of times people interacted with your ads. The main engagement metrics in Waze Ads are:
- Clicks: The total number of times people tapped on your Pin, Search result or Arrow on the map. Clicks can help you understand how well your ad is appealing to people who see it.
- Info Button Clicks: The number of times people tapped on the information button ("i") from your ad, revealing the Information Preview screen.
- % CTR (available at the ad format-level only): The percentage of taps your ad received divided out of the total number of impressions.
A high CTR is a good indication that customers find your ads helpful and relevant. A good CTR is relative to the ad format and the type of business you're advertising.
- Saved location: The number of times people saved your location, either from an ad with a "Save Location" call to action (CTA) or from ads with other CTAs.
Measure website traffic
The recommended CTA with this advertising goal is Save for Later, which saves a website link in customers' Waze inbox. To measure the effectiveness of Save for Later ads, focus on the following metrics:
- Ad downloads: The number of times people tapped the "Save for Later" CTA from your ads.
- Inbox Impressions: The number of times people opened your inbox message.
- Inbox Action Clicks: The number of clicks on the call to action within your inbox message, leading to your website or landing page.
- % Download Rate: The percentage of "Save for Later" taps your ad received out of the total number of impressions.
If your main advertising goal is to get people to call your phone number, your CTA should be "Call Now". To measure the effectiveness of Call Now ads, focus on:
- Calls: Captures the number of times people tapped on the "Call Now" CTA.