To keep ads safe and appropriate for everyone, ads are reviewed to make sure they comply with the Waze Ads Policies. Most ads are reviewed within 48 hours.
How account approval works
After you finish creating a new account, the account is submitted for review to ensure your business complies with the Waze Ads policies.
If your account passes the review, you'll receive an email confirmation, and you can start placing your ads on the Waze map. If your account violates a policy, you'll be informed through the email associated to it, and be instructed what to do next. If your account is rejected, you won't be able to publish any campaigns in the account.
How ad approval works
After you create or edit an an ad, a review process is triggered automatically. All content in your ad is reviewed, including your location details, headline, description, address, and any images and texts. During this process, the ad’s status will be "Under review."
If your ad passes the review, you'll receive an email confirmation and you can start running the ad on a campaign. If the review indicates that your ad violates a policy, you'll be informed through the email associated to your account, and be instructed on what to do to get your ad approved.
If your ad is rejected, you won't be able to publish any campaign using that ad.
How to check your new account status
- From the left navigation panel, click Manage then go to either of these tabs: Campaigns, Ads, or Locations.
- Check for account notifications at the top of the page:
- If you see nothing, then your account is approved.
- If you see a red banner with the message "Heads up! Your account is currently in review by Waze staff", then your account is being reviewed.
- If you see a red banner with the message "You account is disabled", then your account was rejected. Check your inbox (including your spam folder) for an email from Waze Advertising with the rejection reason.
How to check your ad status
- From the left navigation panel, click Manage
- Click the Campaigns tab
- Select any campaign the list
- Click the pencil icon in the Ad section, then expand the drop-menu in Select existing ad
- If you see an "In Review" indication next to an ad, then it's still under review. If you don't see it, then it was either approved or rejected already.