Locations and regions control where your ads are displayed, and are the first layer of ads targeting. This article explains how to add new locations and regions in Waze Ad Manager.
Before you begin
Learn about the difference between locations and regions in Waze.
How to add a location or region
There are 2 ways to add new locations and regions to your Waze Ad Manager account. Choose the best one based on the goal you want to achieve:
Option 1: Manage campaigns and locations together
To add new locations and simultaneously associate them with a new campaign:
- Click Manage
- Click the Campaigns tab
- Click Create campaign
- Add locations or regions to the campaign in step 3. Learn how.
Option 2: Manage campaigns and locations separately
To add a location without connecting it to a campaign yet:
- Click Manage
- Click the Location tab
- Click Create location or Create region
To connect a location to an existing campaign that targets specific locations only, enter the campaign and select the location to target from the list. Learn how.
Locations tips and guidelines
Your location name should be the most recognizable name of the destination, usually the business name.
- Do not include your city/state/country/branch name unless it's part of the brand name.
- Though 30 characters is the max length, 18 characters is the optimal length to ensure the entire location name is fully displayed in all screen sizes.
- Avoid ALL CAPS, use Sentence Case.
Sharon's Pizza - Miami
Sharon's Pizza - USA
|Adams Car Rental
Adams Car Rental - The Best Bargain for You!
Adams Car Rental - Detroit Branch
|New York Tours
|NEW YORK TOURS
Additional info (optional)
This is where you can add additional navigation instructions to the location if those are needed–special entrance, floor, suite, etc.
This will be the ad description in campaigns that use it as the ad copy.
- Phone number: Enter the full phone number, including area code.
- Display URL: Enter a shortened version of the URL.
Check the boxes next to the services available at the location. Note: Selecting "curbside pick" or "drive-thru" will add a location personality badge next to your ads. Learn more about Location Personalities.