Waze Ads are unique in that they are native to our mobile app, same goes for our campaign reporting. While the main engagements (impressions, clicks, navigations, and save) are front and center, we also provide deeper understanding of user engagement by providing full funnel metrics.
How to read a weekly report
Waze Ads provides a performance breakdown and summary of your ads’ success in a weekly report. This report includes multiple tabs so here is a quick overview of the setup:
- Campaign Performance: This tab shows the overall engagement and performance of each campaign.
- Offer Performance: This tab shows the overall engagement and performance of each creative/offer.
- Ad Unit Performance: This tab shows the overall engagement and performance broken out by ad unit.
- Location Performance: This shows the same information as above but broken out per location.
Ad Manager metrics
"All channels" metrics
Metrics available when the chart's data is filtered by "All channels" (I.e, not by a specific ad format):
- Impressions: The number of times your ads were displayed on a Wazer's screen,.
- Navigations: The number of times Wazers tapped "Drive There" or "Go" from your navigable ads.
- Clicks: The number of times Wazers tapped on your Promoted Search, Branded Pin, or Nearby Arrow ads.
- Ad Downloads: The number of times Wazers opened your ad's inbox item.
- Inbox impressions: The number of times Wazers viewed an inbox item.
- Inbox Action Clicks: The number of times Wazers tapped on the inbox item's action button (opening your website or landing page).
- Spend: Ad spend during the selected timeframe.
- Call or URL: The number of times Wazers called your business or visited your website from your ads.
- Info Button Clicks: The number of times Wazers tapped the info button from Pin and Takeover ads.
Ad formats metrics
Metrics available only when filtering the chart's data by ad formats:
- % CTR: Percentage of clicks out of impressions.
- % Navigate Rate: Percentage of navigations out of clicks.
- % Navigations of Impressions: Percentage of navigations out of Takeover impressions.
- % Download Rate: Percentage of inbox action button clicks out of inbox impressions.
- Call: The total number of times Wazers called you from your ads.
- History navigations: Number of repeat navigations to your locations from the navigation history menu (total navigations = direct navigations + history navigations).