Once you’re approved for Waze for Cities, you’ll receive an email welcoming you to the program. Click the link in the email to complete the onboarding process:
1. Verify your email address
- Click Create new
- Enter the email address that you want associated with your Waze for Cities account and click Submit
- Check your email inbox for an email from Waze
- Open the email, and click the verification link to return to the portal
Note: the verification link is valid for only 24 hours.
2. Choose a username and password
Your username represents your organization on the Waze platform.
- Enter a username that clearly describes your organization in up to 8 characters, like “Bedrock.” Make sure not to mention Waze or personal information
- Enter a password between 8 - 18 characters with at least 1 letter and 1 digit or special symbol
- Enter your first and last name
- Check the box if you want to receive Waze emails
- Check the box to confirm that you’ve read, agreed and accepted the Waze Terms of Service and the Waze Privacy agreements
- Click Submit
- Click Next on the confirmation screen
3. Upload your logo
Add your organization’s official logo to your account so it can be added it to the Waze map. Your logo must be a 200 x 200 PNG image.
- Click Upload organization logo
- Click Upload
- Select your logo from your computer files
- Click Done
- View your logo and click Next
4. Add Points of Contact
Enter the contact details of the people in your organization who should receive updates from Waze and click Next.
Add a point of contact for:
- Communications - the person responsible for public relations and media
- Technical - the person responsible for sharing technical data
- Emergency - the person responsible for crisis information and emergency relief
Your POCs will need to Google-link their work email addresses if they wish to access the Partner Portal. They can do so by filling in the information here.
- Add the POC who will replace them
- Notify Waze for Cities support at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Create polygons
Polygons define areas where you can use Waze tools and integrations.
- Enter your organization’s address in the map’s search bar if it doesn’t already appear on the map
- Click the polygon button at the top center of the map so that it turns black
- Click a spot along the perimeter of your organization’s address
- Move your mouse to draw a segment. Repeat this step until you’ve drawn a polygon shape around the perimeter of your location
- Double click to complete the polygon
Tip: You can enlarge a polygon by dragging the white dots on the ends of each segment.
You can create multiple polygons for your jurisdiction by repeating the steps above. Once you’ve created all the polygons you want, click Next.
Completed polygons appear in the list of saved polygons under the map. To delete a polygon, click the trash can icon beside it in the list.
Your onboarding details will be sent to our team for approval. Once your details are approved, you’ll get a confirmation email and you’ll be able to request access to Waze for Cities data sharing tools.