Once you set up routes in the Traffic View Tool, it allows you to see them in a JSON format.
To get started, request access to the Traffic View Feed. Once your request is approved, you’ll get a confirmation email with a link to a JSON file containing the Traffic View feed data.
You can also get the link from the Waze for Cities Portal:
- In the left menu, click Data sharing
- Under "Requests Summary", look for "Traffic View Feed" in the chart
- Copy the link under the "Data" column
The feed links contain Waze traffic data for your region. It refreshes once every minute.
With the link, you can:
- Apply the data to your control center maps
- Collect the data for analysis
Data included in the Traffic View Feed
- General traffic information: Routes and ETAs from your Traffic View Tool
- Irregularities (also called Unusual Traffic): Alerts and traffic jams from your Traffic View Tool that affect an exceptionally large number of users
- Waze user generated reports and alerts related to a specific incident causing traffic.