Crisis center submission guidelines
In times of crisis Waze adds temporary shelter pins on the Live Map so users can find help (see example below).
To submit shelter information, open the CCP portal > Give Waze Data > Add dataset > Select "Crisis Centers".
If the same shelters are consistent in your area, you can prepare this information in advance before a crisis event happens.
Please submit the following information:
- Address: Street name and building number of the crisis shelter - 15 character limit.
- Abbreviate where possible to be at/under character limit.
- This is not how we locate the pin, so don’t worry abbreviation is not exact.
- City, State: City and state that the shelter is located - 15 character limit.
- Additional info: Name of the venue or access (entrance) information - 30 character limit.
- Long description: Any additional info about shelter services - 55 character limit.
- Phone number: Phone number of shelter.
- [optional]: Link to shelter/organization in charge of shelters (eg: Red Cross).
- Latitude/Longitude: Coordinates of the shelter. These can be found on Google maps.